I know, I know. It's been FOREVER since I blogged, but there has been so much going on and quite frankly, I have been in bed no later than 8:30 every night for the past week.
So, last week was Spring Break for the kids around these parts. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I had to work so we didn't have anything fun planned. On Thursday my friend Kelly and I decided to take our kids to eat and to the park just to get out of the house. Then we had this GENIUS idea to take them to the military park in Vicksburg on Friday. They were pretty much over it the first 10 minutes we were there. But, overall, we had a good time and the weather was beautiful. We had a picnic in the park and the kids wore themselves slap out. All in all it was a good day. Exhausting, but a good day.
So, last week was Spring Break for the kids around these parts. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I had to work so we didn't have anything fun planned. On Thursday my friend Kelly and I decided to take our kids to eat and to the park just to get out of the house. Then we had this GENIUS idea to take them to the military park in Vicksburg on Friday. They were pretty much over it the first 10 minutes we were there. But, overall, we had a good time and the weather was beautiful. We had a picnic in the park and the kids wore themselves slap out. All in all it was a good day. Exhausting, but a good day.
Making our first trek up one of the first hills. One out of a THOUSAND. Towards the end, we just decided to drive on by all those hills......
In case you can't read all of the back of his shirt, it says: WARNING: Adult Supervision Required.
Never has a truer statement been spoken.
Sadie must have been telling Brennan something very important from the look on her face..... I'm just not sure what she was saying.
They (ESPECIALLY my child) wanted Mrs. Kelly to read every word to EVERY sign. I think she summed it up this way: The north and the south fought and after the war everyone got along.
We broke the rules and probably the law. What sign? I didn't see the sign that said "Please fasten your seatbelts". I was just trying to keep the kids quiet without bashing my head against against the window in agony. Who cares if there were 5 kids piled up in the front of my van? I was so over it.
Again, we had fun, and I would really like to go back at some point and actually a learn a few things. I find the Civil War era to be one of the most fascinating parts about American history. I love reading and learning about things from that time period. However, there was NO learning anything other than patience on this particular day.
And moving on...... On a little side note, for the few that may not be on Facebook (but I think most are) Chad and I are expecting Miller baby #3. Yes, I know what causes that, and yes, I probably have lost part of my sanity. Chad is already talking about having a 4th. REALLY???!!!










1 comment:
AWE....I'm not on Facebook. Congrats!!!! That is sooo exciting.
Post a Comment