I realize that a lot of people love this time of year; spring turning into summer, plants blooming, gardens growing, school year coming to a close, beach vacations, ect. While I love the flowers and the gardens and the beach vacations, I still get the blues this time of year. I realize that is strange. And I'm not even sure why that is. The only thing I can surmise is that now that I have children, when the school year comes to a close, I realize a new school year is just on the horizon and they will be that much older. I think the newness and the freshness of spring serves as a reminder that time continues to go on and on with no way to stop or control it. In my blue attitude I feel like it sort of mocks me. The dead of winter has come and gone and the air is heavy with reminders of time marching on.
Just yesterday Brennan brought home a letter preparing us for the cost of a big field trip the 5th graders take every year to Washington D.C. I mean, did you read what I just typed? Did you catch it?! FIFTH GRADE. He turns 10 in twelve days. How is that possible? I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that I have a 10 year old child. One who is bright, humorous, on fire for Jesus, a talented piano player, and is more than I deserve.
So there you have it. Bah-humbug. I have the Spring turning into summer blues. I may be the first person in history to suffer from such.
No comments:
Post a Comment