Thursday, March 5, 2015

Book review

I just started reading a book that I can't put down. I'm a HUGE fan of Greg Iles. I love most of the books he's written. "Turning Angel" and "Blood Memory" are still 2 of my favorites. "The Devil's Punchbowl" was awful. It gave me NIGHTMARES. But this..... THIS.... is just a great book. It's definitely a page turner. 

And cool factor: About a year ago I became friends with a guy who grew up with Greg, still hangs out with him, and played in Greg's original rock band. This guy grew up and still lives in Natchez as does Greg Iles and he gave us (Chad and I) a private tour of his beautiful antebellum mansion he bought a few years back. (Our friend's home, not Greg's. I don't know where in Natchez he resides.) I know that doesn't put me DIRECTLY meeting Greg himself, but when I found out that our friend was best buddies with him, my jaw hit the floor. 

Anyway, I just had to throw that in. I don't get many "cool factors" in my life. 

But seriously. Read this book. I'm going to purchase the second in the trilogy to take along with me on the 17 hour bus ride to Washington D.C. coming up soon.  

No comments: