This is what my son considers important enough to burst into the bathroom while I'm getting my much needed "ME time": (Keep in mind that for whatever reason, when our house was built, they put double doors in instead of one single door--and they forgot the minor detail of putting a LOCK on the either of the doors!)
Brennan: "Hey, Mama!" (enter Brennan)
Me: "What have I told you about knocking before coming in when a door is closed?"
Brennan: "But Mama, I drank all my juice and now when I jump up and down like this," (he then proceeds to jump up and down for visual effect) "all the water in my tummy gets splashed around and makes loud noises. Do you hear it, Mama? You hear it?"
Me: "Thank you for sharing. And I think you're going to be okay. Now, why couldn't you have shared that with Daddy?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










3 comments:
Classic! In Brennan's defense, that sloshy belly-water is a pretty grave concern...
Hey Mandy!
Found your blog this morning - belated congratulations! Ethan is beautiful!
I can read from your blog that you are getting your bearings, don't worry, you will and I have no doubt that you are doing a great job. Hang in there!
Hey Robin! Good to hear from you! :-) I miss you guys....
Post a Comment