It seems like it's been forever since I've really blogged about anything significant. I think we have just been so busy and preoccupied with things, that I have neglected my blog. However, some exciting things coming our way!
#1) Brennan's birthday is in one month. While I am excited about this, it also saddens me. When did he grow up? One day I'm rocking him to sleep, then next he's getting ready for kindergarten.
#2) Chad and I will celebrate 7 years of marriage one day before Bren's birthday.
#3) My high school reunion is this summer. Ten years. I cannot believe I am "that age" that I thought I would never be.
#4) There is a strong possibility I will be taking a mission trip to Nicaragua. I've already been signed up, but I can only go if I raise all the money-- since Chad and I don't have $1,500 lying around. I have always wanted to do a medical mission trip, and I was approached by someone in our church about going. So far only 2 of us from Hillcrest are going. And, because I need financial help and agreed to go, an anonymous giver agreed to donate $500 JUST to me, so I could go. I am really excited.
#5) In just a few weeks I am getting baptized. I was baptized at seven years of age, but in the past 20 years of my life my head was in it, but my heart wasn't there--nor were my deeds and actions. I made a walk down the aisle this past Sunday, NOT for rededication, but for total salvation. Events in my life that lead up to this are all part of His plan-- even the parts that were because of bad choices I made.
So, these are the latest updates in a series of events set to happen soon. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










2 comments:
Congratulations! I am so proud of you. I know that was a hard thing to do but what a testimony you have!
Thanks. It was definitely HARD. I didn't even fully realize what I was doing until I was standing up there with Bro. Chris. I had been praying about it but had no intentions of doing it Sunday morning.
Post a Comment