Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's a classic....

To make our bedtime routine a little more easy with Brennan, we have incorporated reading into the whole process. For the first night it was a couple of toddler-type books. Then, I discovered that I had forgotten about one of the classics I had bought about 4 years ago: "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe". Always a favorite of mine, and I loved the movie. Surprisingly, Brennan has really taken a liking to it. Of course, it has very little pictures, and the pictures that it does have, they are black and white and grainy. We have only just finished Chapter 2, but he has soaked it up like a little sponge. He remembered every detail we read the night before and he remembered everything we read tonight. I told him we will watch the movie after we read the book and he can see how the story is really brought to life. I just love C.S Lewis and all of his work. I hope Brennan continues to stay interested in this book. For a five year old, I am amazed at his ability to stay focused and listen with no pictures to go with the words.

2 comments:

Kayra said...

I want to get the CS Lewis' books for Candace. I didn't grow up here, so I missed on reading those growing up. I watched the movie with her the other day but I know the books have to be way better.

The Miller's Blog said...

Two thumbs up!!!! Love the book!!!!!