So, back at Thanksgiving, I said I would share a recipe or two and I never got around to it. Well, here is one that I cooked on Thanksgiving, and it was a hit! Plus, Chad and Brennan, and even Ethan could live off of this 7 days a week- they love it so much. It's just good, old-fashioned, southern comfort food.
Hashbrown casserole.
1 bag of frozen hashbrowns (30 or 32 oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I always use 2 cans!)
1 onion, chopped
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese (I always use a liiiiiitle more)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Again.... I always use a liiiiiitle more)
1 16 oz. container sour cream
1 stick of butter, melted
cornflakes (not sure how much????)
Mix first 6 ingredients together. Bake at about 375 for 45 minutes to an hour. (Until bubbly and brown) Pour cornflakes on top, then drizzle melted butter over that and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Note: Chad does not like the cornflakes on top, but I think it adds a little texture.
Good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
Suhweet... that sounds good and nice and fattening for my thighs!!
Post a Comment