So, in less than 48 hours it will be 2010. Wow. Seems like it might be a mouthful. So what will catch on? Two thousand ten? Or twenty ten? Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Usually I look forward to a new year about as much as someone might look forward to a root canal. Sometimes I'm a little indifferent, sometimes I really dread it, sometimes I even get a little sad. I almost NEVER look forward to it. I guess I'm just a "nostalgic" person per se. I don't like changes, and I don't always look forward to the future. The future always brings the unknown. The unknown causes a little knot of worry in the pit of my stomach. It's a feeling that's always there, too. Even if it's something simple, like, what are we having for dinner tonight? So, if I always have a knot of worry over something, even the most simplest of things, you can imagine what a new year does for me.
This past year was an easy transition. We had a new baby, I enrolled in school, Chad and I both had jobs we loved, everything was normal. We had a routine going, and all in our perfect little world was as perfect as it could be. However, January wasn't over before we were slammed with lots of devastating news. January 26 was the exact day that "normal" was no longer "normal". It started with my identity being stolen. Which at the time, was devastating. I cried, I got angry, I even wanted to seek revenge on whoever did this to me. However, it wasn't too long before I realized how minute my problem really was compared to the Hall family, who had just found out that their 3 month old baby boy had a malignant brain tumor. From February on, bad news seemed to be around every corner. Cancer, car accidents, unexpected deaths, more cancer, on and on the people that surrounded me seemed to be affected over and over with tragedy and grief.
This year has been a rough one on so many different levels. To wish it a proper farewell and a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" would be an understatement to how much I am looking forward to this year end. Normally, over the past few years, I don't even stay up to celebrate or ring in the new year. It's just an end to the Christmas season, and another wintry day for me. However, I have just about convinced myself that I have good enough reason to stay up late tomorrow night and give this year the good riddance it so very much deserves. I might just be the most excited girl in the southern states tomorrow night to wish 2009 adieu.
So, to the year 2009 I give a toast to you: You came, you saw, but you did not conquer. May you go in peace, and may you NEVER return again. As Matt Hall said.... "2009 is just another useless thought".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment