Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching up....

Sooooo, I realize I have pretty much TOTALLY neglected my blog the last few MONTHS other than a few pics of holiday gatherings and what-not..... But I have had no serious thoughts to share. I think I have just been plain exhausted. As always Christmas came and went in the blink of an eye and my schedule at work was a little out of whack and I worked more than my usual part-time gig. It was nice to have a little extra Christmas cash, and I will reiterate just how much I love my job outside of the home, but BOY--- I sure love spending the day with my quickly growing 2- year old and my 6-going-on-16-year-old.

New Year's came and went with a bang. Literally. Thunder, lighting, and tornadoes.... OH MY! After the FIRST storm of New Year's Eve came and went, I slept right through the stroke of midnight (and the second round of storms), much to Chad's dismay. I couldn't even stay up and watch the ball drop in New York one hour ahead of our time. All the excitement of the New Year's Eve evening just made me want to crawl under the covers and ring it in peacefully and sleepily. So, I did. After all, I didn't get to go to Graceland, so I just decided to go to sleep.

And last week, JUST when we were all getting back on our regular schedule with jobs and school, here comes the dreaded ice storm.... (or as I like to call it, Ice-ageddon). No work, no school yesterday for anyone in this household, and after day #3 of being cooped up in the house together, we were all ready to murder each other in a way that only family can. Even Brennan and Ethan who get along GREAT 99% of the time, were ready to CLAW each others faces off. I was SO ready to get to work this morning. I think the van might have peeled out of the driveway on 2 wheels this morning.......

So, I guess the next topic brings me to "Project 2011". Otherwise known as a "baby". No, we are not pregnant yet. Yes, we have been unofficially- officially trying. And yes, my kids make me crazy. But so does my husband and my dog. I'm high strung. But, I still want a 3rd child. My mom thinks I've lost my mind. Well, that sort of happened a long time ago. As crazy as my kids make me, I love ALMOST every moment with them. Fortunately, I have a GREAT baby's daddy (a.k.a., my husband) who really helps with the load of child-rearing. And I have a great mom, who never hesitates to help out when I need a last-minute sitter or when I need anything. She even does my laundry sometimes while I'm at work.

Maybe I am crazy for wanting a 3rd child, but at this point, I can't imagine my life being anything but chaotic. But it's the kind of chaos that I will miss one day. Ethan has really grown almost overnight, and I keep staring at his baby picture thinking to myself, "Wow, wasn't that just yesterday?!" It seems like it, but time sure does fly.

Brennan prays every night for a baby sister. I just want a healthy baby. The pregnancy part has not happened as fast as I had anticipated. But, that's okay. I know it's not all about my timing. After all, my first two kids came before I even realized HOW it happened. (Okay, that's sort of a joke.) I know if it is in God's plan to conceive, then it will happen. It's not all about how I want my life to pan out. Besides, the sooner we have another baby, the sooner it will be grown, just like my other two babies.

Anyway, hope to do better on my blogging..... I certainly need some therapy!

No comments: