Thursday, July 21, 2011

Randoms (including but not limited to birthdays and names)

I'm not here to whine, but since this is my own personal space, I will mention just a few things here that may SEEM like whining...... and it probably is.............

This pregnancy has been so different than the first 2. I don't know if it's because I am carrying a girl, or I am just getting old-- or maybe it's a combination of both. I was 22 when I had Brennan. There's a big difference in being in my early 20's versus being 30 and having another child in between. There has not been ONE day that I felt good this entire 24 weeks. I'm not complaining, but then again, I am. My body hurts all day, everyday. If I eat anything for lunch-- big or small-- I feel even worse afterwards. And I'm assuming it's because she is a SHE, she sits lower than my boys ever did. Even when I don't need to tinkle, if she moves at all, my bladder is suddenly awoken. And sneezing? Forget about it. And I have had no energy whatsoever. It doesn't matter if it's morning, noon, or not. Or if it's the weekend or a weekday. If I'm at home or at work. I feel just like I did in that queasy, tired first trimester.

Let's talk about "cankles" for a minute. Okay, let's not. It will sear an image in your brain that might give you nightmares. However, I don't get them everyday. Just when I've been on my feet all day. That's also when my entire body reminds me that my 30th birthday is looming over my head like a big, dark raincloud, ready to unload a nasty storm.

We can talk about cravings. I have become a sucker for Magic Shell ice cream topping. I am not an ice cream eater-- hardly ever eat the stuff. But lately that has been my bedtime snack-- mint chocolate chip ice cream with Magic Shell fudge topping. Don't give me any regular chocolate syrup. Give me the good stuff. I've also had cravings for Pop-Tarts. Again, I don't eat Pop-Tarts. EVER. But I have found myself eating them for breakfast. I had the same craving with Brennan. I also gained 50 pounds with Brennan. I'm trying to cool it a little bit. However, this is the last time I intend on being pregnant, so therefore I am trying to justify it and enjoy it. Hopefully nursing will help shed any unwanted pounds after pregnancy. I nursed Ethan and was back in my normal jeans a week after I gave birth. Brennan was strictly formula fed and it took me a whole year to get back down to even trying to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy pants.

Changing subjects: I requested a Kelly's Kids catalog in the mail and got it yesterday. Oh. My. Goodness. There is no way to describe how ridiculously cute these clothes are. I told Chad he better take a second job flipping burgers to afford the clothes I'm going to be buying for our little princess. And their holiday clothes??!! To die for. I'm already thinking about our Christmas cards. And yes, I've found the perfect outfits in that catalog for the boys and the baby.

Speaking of birthdays earlier, mine is looming around the corner. Two weeks from today. The big 3-0. And no, I am not looking forward to it. At all. There is very little I can think of to soften the blow of entering a new decade of birthdays. However, someone better get me a cake. I'm going to drown my sorrows in cake and ice cream. And someone better get me a good birthday present. And I want more than one. I want to go back to being 6 years old and being swamped in gifts I don't need. Let me revisit that part of my childhood and be selfish for one day. Yes, it is selfish. But, presents may be cheaper than therapy.

One last subject. And this is the last I'm going to talk about it until the little princess enters into this world-- if we change our minds (again) I'm just going to announce it after the birth certificate is officially signed. However, I really think this one is going to stick. Oh, I'm talking about names here. When Chad and I were in Natchez we had agreed on Mary Ashley as her name. Then the more I said it, the more I didn't like it. Then when I heard other people say it, it just didn't have that ring to it. Since then Chad and I have been discussing the names. Every. Single. Day. Drum roll please.......................................................... Her name will be Mary Avery Clayton Miller. Of course, she will go by Mary Avery. That's it. It's final. It's non- take-backable. I'm done with the name discussion. Very much over it.

1 comment:

Kristy Jones said...

Oh, I LOVE her name!!! Soooo cute! Don't spend all of your money on Kelly's Kids stuff... You still have to come see the Shrimp and Grits stuff at my party! ;)