Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Radical Ambition.....

Our church just went through a church-wide study during our Sunday school hour for 7 weeks called "Holy Ambition". It's something that everyone should pick up and read. It focuses on Nehemiah and placing our priorities in the right order, becoming PASSIONATE about the kingdom of God, and doing something about it instead of letting the fire burn out.

On top of that, (I don't think it's a coincidence on the timing of "Holy Ambition" and the following) I started listening to "Radical" by David Platt. I had given the book on cd to Chad for Father's Day. Most of our church and leaders had read the book, but as always, I was a step behind. I began to listen to it on the way to work every morning a few weeks ago. "Radical" focuses on the CORE of sharing the gospel, and getting back to the root of sharing our faith in the same way that Jesus did. It has definitely been an eye opener. I really recommend the book "Radical" to anyone who has a heart for furthering the kingdom of Christ. And if you are a Christ follower, that should include you.

In the meantime, between those two books/studies, God has laid something on my heart that I haven't shared with anyone yet. Not even my own husband. Sometimes I get these really silly ideas that seem great at the time and end up being a flop. (Take for example all those crafts I pinned on Pinterest with the great idea that I could do ALL of them!) But, this is a lot deeper and a lot bigger than any craft on Pinterest. This is something HUGE. Something that my thought process can't even digest right now. I just know that something has been laid something on my heart and I won't know if it's a God thing or a me thing until it's covered in prayer. I know if it's a God thing, He won't leave me alone about it (as my preacher once told me). And I also know that things will fall into place with prayer and faith. If it's a me thing, it will turn into another one of those silly ideas that I thought was a good idea at one time. But so far, I don't feel like this is a me thing. Which is why I'm so reluctant to share it (I know, it sounds silly that if it IS a God thing, then why am I reluctant to share it?). I just need you to commit to pray. It's nothing that can possibly take shape any time soon. It's just not possible. (Well, I do know that God's will is always different and it WILL happen when He wants it to happen, so I guess it IS possible--- never question the ability of God's timing--- I have been foolish enough before to think I can). I just think he is preparing my heart and asking me to share it with others soon so that their hearts can possibly be prepared for something so big. So, once I can get my own prayers in order and my thoughts right about this tugging at my heart, I will ask that you please send up a few prayers. The last thing I want to do is ignore something that God is commanding me to do. (Something our sermon was preached on Sunday---and I felt like God was directly speaking to ME, which is why I don't think all of this is coincidence or a me thing.)

I will say that it is a ministry opportunity. And something I never thought I would ever find myself getting too involved in. Who knows? In 6 months, this may be just one more blog post added to the hundreds of others or this may be just a little nudge to get the ball rolling. We can just say that for me this is a Radical Ambition.....

And I will add that I have the most awesome group of people in my Sunday school class that all have a true heart and desire for ministry opportunities. They get on fire for things and I feel like each one of them would be huge part of this-- once I share it!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! You do have so much to look forward to!!:))

Dennis Manor said...

Mandy, I know exactly what you mean. Holy Ambition has been the most effective study we have done so far in identifying/verifying God's call on my life. I'll be praying for you. The devil is going to do his best to convince you that "it" is just you. He doesn't like what God is planning to do through you.