I just returned from my 38 week check-up. Yes, that's 38 as in thirty-eight. I have a new found respect for the Duggar mom. I CANNOT imagine carrying a child once more, much less 16 more. I actually have a new found respect for anyone with 4 or more kids. I don't even think I want my husband sleeping under the same ROOF as me for the next 10 years after I give birth to this kid.
My check-up went okay. The baby's heart rate was just a little low so the nurse hooked me up to a monitor for a little while. In the meantime I sent Chad a text message while I was lying there staring at the ceiling. He works about a mile from the hospital. Usually Chad only has one speed. And that is SLOOOOW. He made it to the 4th floor of the Colonnades in record time. He even beat the doctor in the room. I had also been having cramping in the last 24 hours that felt like they were getting progressively worse. My doctor ordered a sonogram and of course checked to see if I had dilated. Go figure. Mary Grace may be squished beyond BOTH of our comfort levels, but she has yet to do anything about it. Other than keep her head on my bladder. The sono showed that she was around 7 pounds, 10 ounces. For us, that is a BIG baby. And we were also told she had a big belly. She's going to be chunk who loves to eat. Which is what she has turned me into-- which is probably why her belly is so round. She has proven to be a girl who loves drama and she hasn't even graced us with her presence yet.
So, we are still hoping that November 7 will be her special day. Even though her heart rate was low, my doctor said it was by no means dangerously low or low in a bad way. I am, however, miserable. I just haven't felt well and am puffy, emotional, and hungry all the time. And now I am having what feels like horrible menstrual cramps continuously. And I am trying to show determination and endurance and will power. I've completed a full marathon. And now I'm carrying a baby to a full 40 weeks. At this point, I would honestly rather complete a marathon. I'm just determined to make it to the 7th................ I want her to share her birthday with her great-grandfather that she didn't get a chance to meet.
And I've thought about deactivating my Facebook account for awhile. I haven't yet, but I have refrained from being on the site very much. Facebook and politics don't mix and it is very irritating. I find myself to be very opinionated and it gets hard to keep my mouth closed on certain topics. So, instead of my blood pressure going up every few hours, I'm just going to stay away. Especially with it being so close to election time. I haven't deactivated my account because I know in just a few days there are family and friends who are going to want to see pictures of our little drama queen. So until then my actions will be limited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment