Sunday, November 13, 2011

Welcoming Mary Grace Clayton........


For some reason Blogger posted all of these pictures randomly, instead of the order I thought I was posting them. So some of these are out of order.

Picture above: Proud Daddy carrying out his princess. You could have knocked him over with a feather. Meanwhile the doctors were finishing up with me-- taking out my appendix and giving me a nerve block injection before they stitched me up.


She was a chunk. A big, healthy baby. 8 lbs, and 5 oz., and 21.5 inches long. That is why I was so fat.



In recovery after her very first feeding. Usually babies can have a hard time learning to latch on and nurse properly. Sometimes there are a lot of tears and frustration involved. Not Miss Piggy. She latched on immediately and she hasn't had a problem since. Do you see her look of contentment after her belly was full?



Ethan has totally surprised me. He has adjusted so well with his new baby sister. As a matter of fact, we have to fuss at him from time to time for being TOO loving. He loves to kiss her and touch her.


This wasn't Brennan's first rodeo, so I wasn't worried too much about him adjusting. He's pretty much carried on as usual.




We got the boys presents from Mary Grace so that they could feel included in all of the excitement.


Our first family photo as a family of 5.


My friend, Lora, made her door sign. She did such an awesome job and even came by on her short lunch hour to fill in the date and other info.


Brennan's presents.


All bundled up and ready to go home.


I just love this picture. E-man's hair just cracks me up!




Leaving the hospital on a very chilly and windy day.

All is well. We are back home and trying to adjust to our new routine. She is already nearly a week old and it just makes me so sad. When I was pregnant I felt SO bad that I thought she would never get here. Now it's just gone by in a blur and I want the magic so I can stop the hands of time for a little while.

Her first check up was yesterday. She was back up to her birth weight (which can sometimes be tricky with babies who are nursed). She is my little CHUNKA-CHUNKA Burnin' Love. But she's a perfect little angel.

1 comment:

The Vaughns said...

Congratulations again! I know she is the perfect addition to your beautiful family! Hope you're feeling well