Thursday, May 31, 2012

Toddlers and Tiaras......

I am ashamed to say that I wasted an hour of my life and a billion and one brain cells watching "Toddlers and Tiaras" last night.  I only watched it because it was filmed in Mississippi and I recognized 2 people on the show.  But I am still floored at the way parents behave and allow their children to behave.  Come on people, this is the future of America!  And these parents are in a salon with their 3 year old girl having her hair colored, yet crying because her baby is growing up too fast.  And you allow your child to dress like Marilyn Monroe, and strip down to a bikini, not just on a stage, but on national television.  What is wrong with people?! And then there was that sweet little girl who had a total meltdown and threw her crown because she didn't win overall.  I'm sorry, but did you just allow your child to have an all out tantrum because she didn't get the biggest crown?!  Come here, and I will show you where you can stuff the crown.  I'm sorry, but I would think that these over-the-top pageant parents who parade their children around like pieces of meat should be just as guilty of child abuse as the parents who mistreat their children in other inappropriate ways.  What are you trying to teach your children exactly?  That certainly isn't glorifying to God.  You bleach their teeth at ridiculously young ages, or give them bleach-white fake teeth,  bleach their hair, send them to tanning salons, and teach them to flaunt themselves for a trophy.  You feed them sugar, sugar, and more sugar so they can "perform".  You allow them to yell, throw themselves on the floor, and mistreat others when something insignificant doesn't go their way.  Wow, I would love to know what life lessons these parents think they are actually teaching these precious gifts from God.  I will never watch that show again.  I can't even believe that these people are allowed that kind of  attention.   In 20 years I hope this same network will do a show called "Toddlers and Tiaras: Where are they Now?". 

No comments: