Friday, January 25, 2008
The Spirit of the Marathon.
I almost forgot. Chad and I went to see "The Spirit of the Marathon" along with many others of you marathoners last night. What a great documentary. So many things were so perfectly said in that movie. A lot of things were put in perspective. Even Chad enjoyed it and he has no desire to ever run 26.2 miles. I loved the way someone in the movie said the marathon does something for the person's spirit and how crossing the finish line, whether you're the slowest person or the fastest person, truly changes your life. There were a couple of times during the movie that I wanted to cry, because I know just how that person felt. It made me remember the nervousness we all felt when we got up to 18, 20, and 22 miles. We all kept telling ourselves, "Just two miles longer than last time". Then you begin to realize how much longer two miles really is. Kind of like that .2 at the end of 26.2. Although, a part of me got just a little sad because I kept telling myself that just a few months ago I was in the best shape of my life getting ready to run Chicago and now I would collapse at mile 13, if not before. But there are other things that are now a priority in my life. The marathon will always be there for me later. That is, if I ever get the urge to do something that crazy again! But, I hope everyone else enjoyed the movie as thoroughly as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
I wanted to go but by the time we had a confirmation on babysitting services (from one of the grandmothers), it was sold out! Glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment