That is how much it cost us to fill up the Camry last night. Why am I not overly eager to get a bigger, newer car at this moment, even if we COULD afford it? Two reasons: #1)We hate the thought of being prisoners to debt. No car payments. Both cars are paid for. Granted they're older and have high mileage, but their paid for. #2) I can't afford these outrageous gas prices. Unless we got another Camry or something smaller, which would defeat the purpose of us getting another car right now with two kids in the future. So, besides dinner with Marie tonight, possibly church tomorrow night and work on Thursday, it looks like I will be a recluse for the rest of the week. Which is okay, because I have a lot I should try to get done around the house. We plan on having a garage sale in a month (our only free weekend between now and then, ugh) and I am already trying to EMOTIONALLY and mentally prepare myself for cleaning out junk and getting things ready.
Which brings me to our extreme makeover. Chad and his sister painted our living room Friday and then Chad and I rearranged the furniture and bought new end tables. Wow, what a difference a coat of paint and a little furniture movement makes. I feel like I am in a whole new house. Chad painted Brennan's room a couple of weekends ago. We went from his John Deere nursery (yes, John Deere) to Cars "big boy" room. Sniff. They grow up so fast. Next Chad and his sister are going to strip the ugly wallpaper in the extra bathroom and we are going with a deep blue, and a nautical theme. Then, as soon as I decide on the nursery, we are going to paint that room. Chad and I have also been trying our hand at amateur gardening. We had one of those raised boxes that previous owners had used as small garden. When we moved in it was nothing but weeds and a hopeless tomato plant. I saved the tomatoes the rest of that summer, then just gave up on the ugly box. I got tired of looking at the ugliness, so Chad cleaned it out, hoed it up, and planted some caladiums, irises, and other flowers. We'll so how we do. All I do is water it.
Better finish my coffee so I can get ready for dinner with Marie at P.F. Chang's! Yummy. And yes, I'm drinking coffee for the first time since I found out I was pregnant. I haven't been feeling like my usual self for a few days, and I have been finding it very hard to stay awake during the day. I've forgotten how much I love coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment