Friday, April 25, 2008
"The Office"
Last night, Chad and I were watching our favorite weeknight lineup of television shows (it's the only night we can sit down together and agree on what to watch). This certain lineup consists of "My Name is Earl", "Scrubs" (my favorite show ever), and "The Office". Well, about 30 seconds into "The Office", I got so tickled at Michael, the boss on the show, that I had what I consider to be an emotional breakdown. In 26 years of my life on this earth I have never laughed so hard at anything. And I guess because I'm pregnant, my emotions got out of control and I started crying. It wasn't this thing of I laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes, or I laughed so hard it made my cry. I was laughing and crying at the same time. And I couldn't control it. Every time I tried to get control of my emotions and take a deep breath I would think about the scene all over again and then the laughter/crying started all over. This went on for a good ten minutes. I had to pause the DVR while I tried to stop myself from this outburst. Chad was sitting next to me on the couch, and was beginning to think I had lost a slight part of my brain. That show is hysterical! What makes it so funny is the fact that no matter who you are, and what type of office environment you have ever worked in, you have worked with some character on that show. If you're like me, you've worked with a version of all of them. Not the office I work at now, but my former place of employment. And no matter what job you have, and no matter who your boss is and how great or not-so-great your boss might be, everyone's boss has a small part of Michael in them. That is what makes it so funny. In case you can't tell, I highly recommend that show! It is a riot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment