Sunday, August 9, 2009

El Bonete 2009


The Three Amigos. Missy, Kelly, and me.

Chilling out before the hard work began in the village.

Yay! Look at all those dental instruments.

Beautiful children of Nicaragua.

I started missing my babies about this time.

They loved having their pictures taken. They were in awe of a camera and what it could do.

Praying before the first patient is seen.

Time to see the dentist.

Kelly and Casey. Two of the triage nurses.

I fell in love with this precious girl.

Waiting patiently to be seen by doctors.


Assisting Dr. Lorena Lopez-- Nicaraguan dentist.


Dr. Lorena and me.

The two dental assistants. Jennifer and me. Jennifer is planning to apply to dental school soon.

Looking down the hill from the school.

The Three Amigos again.

Heather and me. We both had birthdays two days apart and were both turning 28.


Saying good-bye to the precious children.



The long bus ride back to the mission home at the end of the week.

The volcano that is constantly smoking.
The Hillcrest team at "The Crater"

At the orphanage for sexually abused girls. Our church made prayer quilts for all the girls living there.




MANIAC bus driver....a.k.a. Carlos


To say that my experience in Nicaragua was life-changing would be an understatement. It was awesome and I am ready to go back!!!! Of course, these pictures aren't even half of what I took. These are just a general depiction of our week. If you are on Facebook, then you have seen all the rest. What a great week it was.

Tomorrow Brennan starts school. I have dreaded this day for a long time. I hope I can handle it well. Especially in front of him......

1 comment:

Kayra said...

So how was the first day of school? Today was the twins first day of K-3. I didn't go to school (or they wouldn't have stayed) but they told their dad they are ready to go back tomorrow.