This makes me so sad. I actually talked to Scott Simmons himself as he just got through covering this story. (He was actually still on the news set.) I told him about my grandfather and the church he lead for 25 years, and I told him about my place of employment, and how faithful my boss has been to the area for 25 years, and it's not getting any better or hopeful. It makes me so angry and sad to see South Jackson crumbling like it is. I'm only 28 years old, but I have so many fond memories of S. Jackson and the way it was 20 and 30 years ago. It just decayed so fast. If I knew of a way to make a difference and make it WORK, I would be the first in line. I'm afraid it's too late.
The owner of the business they refer to at JMC Motor Sports is someone we know, and his business is a few buildings down from our dental office. His business is within a quarter mile of us.
http://www.wapt.com/news/21532890/detail.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment