Well, it has been a long, long week, and I feel like all I have been doing is playing catch-up, and I am no good at that game.
I must say, I have to say a HUGE thanks to my mom for spoiling me rotten and helping me with my laundry. Not just since I have been back from Nicaragua, but she helps me out twice a week when she is here keeping my boys.
Some highlights (most of them not so good) from my week:
#1. Brennan started 1st grade Monday. I took it better than last year when he started kindergarten. But for some reason, I feel like it was a whirlwind summer and school started before I really had time to stop and think about it. Maybe it's better that way. Too much thinking can sometimes be overrated.
#2. Sunday night my grandfather fell and broke his hip. He had surgery on Tuesday, and is still in the hospital. Yesterday afternoon he started vomiting and they have not been able to stop it. They think he now has a bleeding ulcer. As I type I am waiting to hear from my mom on what is going on with the tests they are running this afternoon. He is such a sweet man, and it is so draining on my mom when he gets sick. He doesn't want anyone but her at his side 24 hours a day when he is hospitalized and sick. At 85, he been through so much. He has buried 2 wives, and has been through numerous illnesses and surgeries all within the past 13 years.
#3. I have been driving our Camry all week. While I love that car dearly, it really is a hassle and a bother to try and load and unload 2 kids out of the backseat. It proves how spoiled I have become. My van's air only cools off when my foot is on the accelerator. So, it sometimes takes 15 minutes on the highway or interstate to get any cool air flowing. I sat in the car rider line Tuesday for 25 minutes and Ethan and I were dripping wet with sweat when we finally got home. So, I'm giving the van a rest until my air is repaired or the weather cools off. Whichever comes first. I'll just have to put a helmet on Ethan's head when I load him in the backseat of the Camry. I've almost knocked him senseless a few times already.
#4. I got a haircut for the first time in 4 months. I am trying to grow it out, and I am losing my patience.
#5. For my birthday my mom gave me an Elvis Blu-Ray collection. It has 2 of his movies, and the Elvis documentary I saw in the theater. Last night Chad was gone, and there was nothing on television, so I put the documentary in. It is mainly a collection of performances at concerts he did the year the documentary was originally done. My boys loved it. Brennan was dancing all over the living room in nothing but his underwear, and Ethan just sat on the couch and occasionally squealed with delight when Elvis did something dramatic.
#6. Brennan has already gotten in trouble for talking too much at school. Imagine that. This is going to be a long year.
#7. Today has truly been a Friday the 13th. I'm not usually superstitious about that kind of thing, but it has been a bad day. Ethan has had numerous meltdowns, and this morning I came down with a terrible headache that I was afraid was a migraine. I was nauseated and had terrible pain on the right side of my head. Since Ethan was having dramatic meltdowns, I put him to bed 3 hours ahead of schedule, took some Motrin, and passed out on the couch. I'm feeling better now, but would still like to go to bed until tomorrow. Of course, that may not have anything to do with feeling bad. I just want to go to bed and not be bothered.
#8. Brennan's school collects Box Top labels. If you read this, and currently do not collect them for anyone else, please start cutting them out and mail or give them to me. The school has set a goal for $1,000 this year, and they get .10 per label. I will gladly give you my address if you will be willing to mail them to me.
#9. I have realized that after such a wonderful trip last week, that Satan is nipping at my heels. If it could have gone wrong this week, it did. It was full speed ahead the minute I got back to Jackson, and this is the first time all week I have been able to truly sit down and do nothing. It sounds harsh, but I told Chad that I'm ready to go back to Nicaragua where no one knows my name or even speaks my language.
#10. And this too shall pass.......................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment