I have been through many seasons in the past few years of my life. I have grieved over some things, I have been selfish over some things, and I have felt sorry for myself (regardless of the fact that in a few situations, I put MYSELF there for selfish gain.) This blog post may sound like a bunch of rambling junk to you, but I want to be able to express how my life has been far from perfect in years past-- I have messed up, been to rock bottom, experienced pain--physical and emotional, have hurt MANY people, and have even been one step away from renting a room at Whitfield. (And I don't mean that to be funny.)
I am proof positive that God can take a big mess-up and turn it into something that can actually glorify Him--- but I didn't get there overnight, that's for sure. And I'm certainly not saying that I don't take 2 step backwards some days and struggle with some things that might haunt me until the day I die. But, at one time I would have let that totally consume me. Now I just pray that God can continue to show me that regardless of what I have done to others and to myself, if I will just allow Him, he can make use of my struggles and turn it around for His glory. I'm not that selfish person I was 5 years ago and I thank God that He allowed some things to happen in my life that once caused me so much pain I never thought I would be able to come out of the other side of it and live to tell about it.
God has really revealed himself to me just in these past 2 weeks and it's amazing that if I will simply take the small things He shows me, I can make it a HUGE thing, because really that is what is happening. He is revealing some very small things a little at a time, and for me it's turned out to be a REALLY big deal. And I know that this certain season of my life will not last forever. It's just a season. While my thirst is being quenched and my cup runs over, I know that this is temporary. We all hit seasons that are dry, sometimes empty, and definitely full of trials. But, it's in those dry seasons and seasons filled with trials that you can truly find what REALLY brings you joy. And that joy should be thanking God that you woke up this morning and were able to kiss your spouse good-bye before work and hug your children and call your Mama and sleep in a warm, comfortable bed. What brings you joy should be being able to glorify the Maker who allowed you certain blessings in your life and even trials.
However, as God has been revealing Himself to me as He has, I should share that I have still seen so much heartache going on with people around me. Just this past Friday a childhood friend of mine (and might I add this is the sister of Rebekah who was taken to Heaven last year after a car accident) lost her baby who was only a couple of weeks old. Sometimes certain families seem to suffer so much more than others. But, in tragic situations, you have to look for the joy as hard as it may be. I have never lost a child, so I can't even begin to imagine the pain that is being endured in their hearts. But, I feel certain that baby Britton is not only being rocked and held by Jesus, but that Rebekah gets to laugh and play and dance with her nephew, all at the feet of our wonderful Maker. Britton will never have to experience pain and suffer the pains and trials of this scary world. He will only ever know peace and pure glory in the light of our Savior. I feel certain that even in situations like this, God can be glorified beyond our wildest imagination.
I want to share this, that someone posted on Facebook this morning, and I love it. It's so true and appropriate:










No comments:
Post a Comment