Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mailboxes, Victoria's Secret, and kid's with parents who don't make them brush their teeth..........

Random thoughts for today:

My kids get SO excited about running out to the mailbox to get the mail. If they are both home when the mail comes, they almost knock each other down to see who can get to the mailbox first. Picture it: Chad and me making a dash down the driveway racing to see who can get to the first bill in there.... all giddy with excitement. Too bad I can't get that excited when I see the mail truck.

A few weeks ago Chad and I had been out with the boys doing some shopping. We stopped by a small restaurant to grab a bite to eat. My kids were driving me nuts. Especially over the jukebox in the corner. As we were leaving I looked over to the table by the jukebox to see who my kids were annoying and there was a teenage couple praying over their meal before they ate. It made my heart melt. It also gave me hope for the "younger folks". It was a pretty awesome thing to see. (Or maybe they were praying for my kids????)

Since Chad and I have not been on a beach vacation going on 3 years, sometimes I like to open a bottle of sunblock and take a big whiff. Just for a short few seconds it helps me envision myself on the beach with the sand between my toes. And toes that I can reach while I wear my cute little bikini. The one that I will never be able to wear ever again after giving birth a third time.

I must have clean toilets in my house at all times. If nothing else in this house is clean at the moment, my toilets better be sparkling white. Which can be a tough job with 3 males in the house. I clean my toilets almost Every. Single. Day. And I should also add that I started using some gel stamps made my Scrubbing Bubbles that I discovered after my boss bought them for our office. I love these things. They claim to clean your toilet with every flush, but I'm not sure they necessarily do. But the most important thing is that they make the toilets smell clean with each flush. Again, with 3 males in the house and one who misses his mark a good bit (and no, I'm not talking about Chad) it's important to me that my bathrooms don't stink.

I love Clorox wipes. I use these things 800 times a day for 800 different things. I don't know what I did before I discovered them. I keep a container in each bathroom and one in our kitchen. They are great for wiping countertops, floors, sinks, TOILETS, and any sticky messes.

Last week I went to Victoria's Secret. I am such a bargain hunter and consider myself cheap when it comes to pretty much anything. I usually don't pay over $10 for any of my clothes. However I will not think TWICE about buying a $50 bra. I guess you can't put price on true comfort. Anyway, as I was checking out, the lady asked me what I thought was, "Do you want the receipt in your bag?" But what she really said was, "Would you like some tissue paper in your bag?" Which she then proceeds to make my bag look all cutesy. Then she asks, "Do you mind if I spray your bag?". Ummmmm...... I don't really know what that means...... but..... okay??? She then hosed my bag down with body spray from Victoria's Secret. REALLY?! Okay..... how nice...... I guess. But, let's be honest. I just bought $100 worth of underwear (which I also should throw in that it was originally over $200-- but I love coupons and sales), so I really don't think the cute tissue paper and spray are necessary. I can spend every dime we have on underwear and my husband will be perfectly OKAY with that. No need to try and soften the financial blow. He may get uptight about $100 on anything else.... but underwear? Nope, I'm pretty sure he's perfectly fine with that. Now, if we can just get the other stores to catch on to this concept, it might make more sense.......

I really wish that parents of young children would make their kids brush their teeth. To me, it's a form of child abuse when you don't make your kids brush their teeth twice a day. It may be a fight (I go through it everyday myself) but I would think that not letting your kid's teeth rot out of their heads might be worth it. And yes, I literally have to straddle my almost 3 year old and hold his arms down sometimes to brush his teeth properly, but his teeth get brushed. Please make your kids brush. You make them bathe and do homework and take them for their vaccinations and all the other things parents do. Why can't you make them stick a toothbrush in their mouth for 2 minutes?!

I keep looking at all the cute little dolls and Barbies and I get excited about buying something other than dump trucks and Legos for birthdays and Christmases. However, if she is anything like me, she won't play with dolls. But, she is still getting them.

We are getting wood floors put in before this month is over. I am so excited about it. This has been a 6 year process and we just now have the cash in hand to get it done! Wish we could afford to do the entire house, but for now I will settle for the living room, dining room, and hallway.

Last but not least, I seriously think Dave Ramsey should run for president. And get elected. Then Rick Perry should be vice-president. That would conclude all of our senseless problems this country continues to drown itself in.

I guess those conclude my random thoughts for now.

No comments: