Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If you struggle.........

Funny thing about being a grown-up. When I was little, all I could think about was being an adult and having all that adulthood had to offer (I suppose we were all this way). Then once you become an adult, you realize adulthood definitely has a lot to offer--- including adult sized problems and issues. Sometimes we wish we could revert to our childhood and appreciate it for all that it was. Those of us who had decent childhoods anyway. I have seen the struggles of so many acquaintances and close friends recently and over the past few years. The older I get, the more sensitive I become to others around me and the struggles they face. A lot of times I can sense that someone is struggling without them ever saying a word (the gift of discernment is sometimes a burden to me-- I confess-- my mother is gifted with that as well.) This week is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

I have a few people that have been laid on my heart, either by request, or simply because they are struggling with things from health issues to personal battles that rage within them. This post will be short and sweet simply because I am about to get to the point: Whether or not we have the gift of discernment, if God lays something or someone on your heart (and sometimes you have to listen to the faintest hints He gives you), then you cannot ignore them. Even if it includes the passing thought of someone you don't interact with on a daily basis. I promise, He will not leave you alone about it when the need for prayer is urgent. (And sometimes this includes praying for enemies, which I still struggle with on almost a daily basis.)

Yesterday I posted Galatians 6:2 on my Facebook page. Then last night I accidentally deleted an email from someone-- and I needed that email. So, I emailed this person to say that I hit a wrong button and needed the information again. This person took it as no coincidence that I had erased an email by accident, because then they felt led to open up and share that they were struggling with something and needed a fellow believer to pray for them. They told me it was no accident I had erased that email.... otherwise they never would have felt led to share a struggle and ask me to pray-- quite simply because this person is a very private person who doesn't always openly share personal battles. So because of my somehow hitting the wrong button, it led to a very personal request to be prayed for. Don't ever underestimate the power of prayer, and be bold enough to confess your struggles with someone you know and trust, and with someone who is a fellow believer. It is the law of Christ and instructed in the Word.

James 5:16

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.


Galatians 6:2

2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.




No comments: