Friday, February 3, 2012

Rainy days and lazy days....

Today has been what I consider the perfect day. I had a little prayer time, had a chocolate cupcake with homemade peanut butter frosting for breakfast (my thighs and hips will thank me later, I'm sure), I did a little cleaning (not too much-- I don't want to waste a perfectly beautiful, rainy day doing WORK), fell asleep on the couch cuddled up under a fuzzy blanket with my 3 year old after lunch, and now I sit here in the car rider line being one of those awesome redneck moms in her fuzzy, sequined slippers and pj pants. Since this day has been so good thus far, it probably means that when I crank my van up in a few minutes the battery will be dead and I will be stuck in the school parking lot in the pouring down rain with 3 kids and my pj pants and fuzzy slippers. (I always have that fear!!!) But I'm hoping my day carries on as it has. I love rainy days with nothing on my agenda. It's good for the soul to be a little lazy from time to time.

No comments: