Saturday, November 3, 2012

And the finale!

 And here are the final pictures from our vacation.  I know you have all been eagerly waiting, biting your nails with suspense. (I kid!) For some reason, Blogger decided to do what it does best and rearrange all my pictures randomly.  So, these are all out of order.  Anyway, Chattanooga Choo-Choo and Rock City are where we spent our final 2 1/2 days of vacation.  So much fun!

 Getting ready to ride the Incline Railway!


 View from the railcar as we were going backwards up the mountain.

 In Rock City!





 She passed out.  She looks like a drunk at a bar!








 Underground headed to Ruby Falls.


 So awesome!  Ruby Falls.  An underground waterfall, and no one has ever been able to figure out where the source of the water comes from.  The amazing things God does in nature!




 This sort of gives you a feel of what this looked like in the early 1900's when the trains were still leaving out of this station.  The torches were awesome.



 The rail car we spent 2 nights in.


 Part of the station that is now a restaurant.
 Inside the lobby.

As as said, these pictures are backwards.  This was as we were leaving Gatlinburg.



The Ogle house.

My angels!



And this is back at Chattanooga.  
We ate at one of the finer restaurants at Chattanooga Choo-Choo the night we got there. I saw a family of three: a father, and his 2 sons. One of which had Down-Syndrome. We decided to ask our waitress if we could pay for the family's meal. I ASSUMED we would remain anonymous. (You know what happens when you ASSume). The waitress
told the family. They came over to our table to thank us. (Embarrassing and awkward). The dad told me that his wife was killed in a car accident 2 years ago. And here he was with two sons. One of which was VERY disabled. The father was so indescribably thankful. I cried. Even though I wanted to remain anonymous, it proves that you never know just how God will USE you and BLESS you all at once. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow..... Ever so freely, when you look for them in all the right places.



No comments: