Elvis "Kisses"!
"Keep Calm and Love Elvis" magnets and ornaments I had made for her party!
This is a collection of birthday cards given to me on past birthdays. Mary Grace just tried to rip them off the fridge continuously, so I decided to make a piece of "art" (I use that term loosely) out of them. I spray painted some canvas black and used Modge Podge to glue these suckers on.
Coasters I ordered. (Etsy is a GREAT website. Custom made to order things of all sorts and prices that are hard to beat!)
The gift table. (Actually, it was my son's train table covered in pink!) The big pink car is supposed to be a photo prop. As in, you can get behind it and take a picture of your head sticking out. I just liked it as a decoration. The doll on the left was a birthday present from my MIL 2 years ago.
Another Modge Podge creation. This was an actual magazine ad from 1956. I found it on eBay for $5. I just liked it. Didn't know what to do with it, but I liked it. This idea came to me at 2 a.m. one morning when I couldn't sleep.
I made this Elvis ribbon wreath. Fun and unexpectedly easy.
"Hound Dog" Rolls.
I ordered the record bowls from ebay. I was going to use them for snacks, but they were so cute, I decided I didn't want to cover them up. I think they are easy to make yourself if you have any old, unusable records lying around. But I didn't. And I wanted Elvis records.
My aunt from Texas gave me the Elvis tin sign in the middle of the table. Just because she knows love Elvis!
My aunt from Texas gave me the Elvis tin sign in the middle of the table. Just because she knows love Elvis!
Chicken "Love Me" Tenders
No explanation needed. An Elvis favorite.
I had this dress made for Mary Grace complete with matching headband. (Another Etsy order)
This kid loves to eat. She was begging for my mom's food right next to my dog, who was also begging.
This party was so much fun! I think I had a little too much fun, but it beats the overdone "Princess" theme. I could have done SO much more, but for a family party, I didn't want to spend anymore money or energy than necessary. (Although I probably spent a little more money that I should have....)
By the way, the cupcakes had edible Elvis faces on them. But, seeing as how here in the south it was 80 degrees warm and humid in the middle of November, the homemade icing started to run, and the images didn't quite stick like they were supposed to. Which is why there is no closeup!










No comments:
Post a Comment