I told you about my friend in Jesus who lifted my spirits. Daily he has been sending me very encouraging text messages and scriptures. The past few days I have had an unspeakable peace. A peace that goes way beyond any understanding. I haven't questioned God's motives. I haven't questioned His timing. And I haven't doubted for one moment that he's put me on a journey for His kingdom. It's a huge task. A potentially overwhelming one, at that. And that's what happened. Satan used my thoughts to overwhelm me. Panic me. But it ultimately backfired on the evil one. It sent me to my knees. Not in defeat. But in prayer. And focus. And bathed in Scripture.
To add to the coolness of God's awesome provision and sovereignty, there were 2 stories in Scripture that, like a lock and key, just fit perfectly into my life exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, when I needed it.
The first passage was in my reading plan from my Study Bible Monday night. The day I had been overcome with doubt and questions and fear. And tears. And it came from Exodus 3. Exodus 3:11-18. As Moses questions God about bringing the Israelites out of Egypt. "Who am I", asks Moses, "that I should bring them out of Egypt?" And God simply responds with (and this is my paraphrase) "I will be with you. I am Who I Am. The Lord, the God of your fathers has sent you".
Wow. MIND. BLOWING.
Then this morning...... When I think of the task that lies ahead with our mission work..... It can seem daunting. And I know it will be hard. It will be a battle of the mind and soul at times. And it will be a showdown with Satan. Well, this morning's read was 1 Samuel 17. When David faces Goliath. People thought he was nuts. People questioned his motives. And they just knew he was barking up the wrong tree. His brother was jealous of the honor that David had received by Saul. Everything was against David. Everything and everyone........ Except the One. The only One. The One who had equipped David for this special task. The One who went before David and provided the way. David was equipped with only 3 things: a slingshot, some measely pebbles, and God. And we all know the rest of the story........ The giant went down and David was anointed as the man after God's own heart. Even later when he became a murderer, an adulterer, and struggled in the sorrows of his own sins. God chose him to do great things. God chose him to be a king. God chose him to slay a giant with nothing more than a pebble from a creek and faith in his heart that God's got this.
So..... These are the types of things God does in all of his awesomeness. He provides, He encourages, He knows the path ahead of you, and He's already making a way for you. There will be valleys and there will be mountains. But there's never a low or a high that God can't handle. I am a Warrior Princess of the Most High God. The King. The King that loves us so much He ultimately died for us.










No comments:
Post a Comment