Friday, December 20, 2013

Sound off ........

Okay. This whole DD thing is getting worn out AND wearing ME out. My Fb page is nothing BUT Phil Robertson and the DD clan. As if they weren't seen enough already everywhere we went. 

Now. Don't get me wrong. In the beginning I was a HUGE fan. Back before A&E started scripting them entirely too much and it just became another ridiculous reality show. And granted, I still love the Robertson family and LOVE what they stand for and the values they have brought back to national television. In a world where we (we, as in traditional family units) thirst and hunger to know that we are not alone in trying to obey God's holy word and His commandments. Our world no longer defines right and wrong in a clear black and white line. It's all become blurred and this nation is imploding in on itself because we no longer hold the values that we once did 20, 50, and 100 years ago. 

But here's my view: Phil said what he said. I stand behind him 110%. It was biblical. However, to those who think Phil was being a "homophobic", hate monger, think again! 

I'm a mom in a society that's blurred these lines. Times are tough. And I don't mean economically. I mean spiritually. I believe the bible is 100% God-breathed, God-inspired, and it is the same yesterday, today, and always. And just because my views on homosexuality may not jive with our society, does not mean I teach my children to hate ANYONE. Why? I'll tell you.....

I'm a thief, a liar, a drunkard, an adulterer, a murderer, envious, covetous, and I'm a really bad mom. How can I be ALL those things and still walk amongst you? Because I'm a sinner. Whether I've committed those sins for the world to see, or just plain THOUGHT them, I'm guilty as charged. I'm in need of a Savior. And so are you. And you. And you. Oh, and you over there too. 

I would NEVER teach my kids to hate ANYONE. Actually, I teach them quite the opposite. To love ANYONE. And everyone. Regardless of their offenses. Because we have them and commit them too. And only ONE came to die for all of us.  

And in the end...... He's the only one who matters. He created all of us. Even with our Grinch-like, full of evil hearts and minds. We are His children. What you do with your life, and I with mine, only have to answer to one in the end. And at the end of MY journey, I hope to hear my Savior say "well done, thy good and faithful servant" because I'm just another typical soccer mom trying to raise my kids to love like Jesus and teach them to give their hearts over to those who really need to see His love. 

No comments: