Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Stripping isn't so bad!
WALLPAPER that is. So I woke up on Saturday feeling not-so-well. I ended up doing absolutely nothing productive. About 8:00 Saturday night after taking Tylenol and feeling better, but extremely bored, and watching a marathon of HGTV, I decided to just start stripping wallpaper off the walls. I have wanted this wallpaper gone since we moved into this house. Why does anyone put wallpaper in bathrooms? Both of our bathrooms have wallpaper and both bathrooms have UGLY wallpaper. But, we've decorated around it and made the best of it. After 7 years of shower steam and humidity the wallpaper is peeling and just looking rough around the edges. Literally. The only reason we have not attempted removing the wallpaper is because both of our bathrooms in this house are pretty massive. Brennan's is not the standard size guest bathroom. It has double vanities, and a water closet, so that makes for a lot of walls to strip. So, I started stripping realizing there is no turning back. Lucky for me, they painted over the sheetrock instead of just applying the wallpaper to the sheetrock. So really, it's not so bad. Other than I can only do it for a couple of hours before my pregnant back and pregnant legs start to hurt. My husband has decided that this is the only project on our house that he does not want to take part in. So it may take me a few days to finish Brennan's bathroom. Then it will be ready for CHAD to paint. (He doesn't really trust me with paint or anything permanent such as superglue. He lectured me the other day before I used the superglue. Whatever.) So, if anyone ever needs wallpaper-stripping advice, you know who to call. I've got it down to an art. Plus I watch a lot of HGTV....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment