After a seemingly good day at work yesterday I arrived home in a good mood. (Even for a Monday AND after buying a gallon of milk at the Texaco for $4.18). But, like most good things, my good mood was short-lived. The first thing Chad spoke of when I got home was...wait for it... the status of our checking account. On June 2, AFTER payday, it wasn't exactly where we would like it to be....So, after a good cry and no solution to the problem as of yet, I watched one of those really depressing Lifetime movies. Surprisingly, I felt much better after that. It's like reading a book, you realize there is someone out there with much bigger problems than having 10 cents to live off of for the next two weeks. (Okay, I exaggerated a little--- not much, though). Hey, we've still got our health, right?
Then today I woke up, took a look around the house and felt totally overwhelmed. I feel like I am cleaning constantly. If I'm not vacuuming, I'm dusting. If I'm not dusting, I'm cleaning bathrooms. My mother has spoiled me by washing our clothes on the days that I work, so I can't complain in that department. But I opened up the door to what will soon be Baby Ethan's room and didn't even know where to begin. One question: How does a young couple with one child and very little disposable income accumulate so much JUNK?! I worked for almost 2 hours and then I felt like the situation was just getting worse. Plus I can't carry the heavy boxes out to the garage, so boxes were piling up all around me. (I did find an unopened box of Corningware dishes I had NO idea we had! I have needed some new ones! I guess it was a leftover wedding gift from SIX years ago.) *Sigh* I really want to have a garage sale, but I just can't find the energy to do it. And when I have the energy, I don't have the time. Chad cleaned out the playroom this past weekend. It's much better, but it's a small room, and Brennan took care of the neatness after one day. And the sad thing? He doesn't even play in there. But, he obviously messes it up.... I know, I should chill out and be thankful for these toys I have to walk around constantly because one day they won't be there anymore. But it's awfully hard. Plus it doesn't help with all these hormones I'm dealing with. I think the correct term for my situation is "nesting".
Well, just felt like venting to blogworld. Now it's time to start supper, put clean sheets on the beds, and other fabulous, never ending things around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
I feel your pain. I had many days right after the twins were born when I wondered how we were going to provide for 3 kids. You know this, but it doesn't hurt to hear it. God will provide for you and your family.
as far as the cleaning, my best advice would be to take it 10 minutes at a time. 2 kids make a bigger mess than one, and it will be harder to clean after the baby is here. There are days when I look at my house and want to cry thinking about how much laundry I have to do, having to clean, dust, mop... it's never ending. the point is, there are many more of us out here, you are not alone :)
Post a Comment