Saturday, June 7, 2008

I am so mad!

This morning I went to get my haircut. Well, I heard on the news last night that gas prices were about to hit a record high and that oil prices were at $139 a barrel. They were recommending filling up gas tanks now before the prices skyrocketed. So as I was at the intersection at Hwy. 49 in Florence, where we have a gas station on each corner, I looked at the prices. BP and Texaco were at $3.71. Across the Highway, the Shell station was 10 cents higher. So, I thought when I came back from my haircut I would fill up at BP or Texaco. (I still had half a tank of gas, I was just trying to get while the gettin' was good). When I drove back to Florence AN HOUR later, BP and Texaco were up 10 cents. An hour later. That should be totally illegal. I think that stations should only change their prices when they get a new shipment of gasoline. That's the way it's always been done before! Fortunately there's a new gas station, a "knock off" brand, and they were at $3.69. I was able to weasel my way in and fill up my half tank, but by the time I left there was a line of people trying to get in and do the same thing as me: Get while the gettin' was good. Something needs to be done. Before too long I won't even be able afford to leave the house. Period.

No comments: