Thursday, June 23, 2011

I love good deals!!!!!

Yes, I am having SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun with this girl shopping!!! (And this is coming from someone who wanted all boys at one time--- but then I had two boys and was reminded God has a sense of humor.)

If you have girls or boys or like to shop in any form or fashion--- check out www.zulily.com.

Everything on this website is discounted. And I'm going to need lots of discounts for the damage I'm going to be doing to our checking account by shopping for so many cute girly girl things. Although, I'm very fortunate-- I have a husband who is SO excited about having a girl, that he is almost encouraging me to buy her all the cute things we can afford. (Or can't afford, whichever way you want to look at it.) Chad got an unexpected bonus at work last week and cashed the check and gave it to me to spend on myself and the baby. (I think it was more for the baby than for me.)

I have always, ALWAYS bought nice things for my boys. But the older boys get, the less there is to choose from. It's mainly t-shirts and jeans or shorts. That's about all you have to pick from. That is one reason I am having so much fun with this. I love getting good bargains, and if I can find something for a steal, even if it won't be worn for another 2 years, you better believe I am snatching it up. I bought Baby Girl her first Christmas dress and a few other Christmas outfits the other day at Tuesday Morning for a steal. I went to Apple Annie's gift shop last week while they were having their moving sale and bought a diaper bag, a baby book (a NICE baby book) some burp cloths and bibs to be monogrammed, a sign that says "Cutie Patootie" for the nursery and a few other things all for $35. The baby book alone was originally that much by itself. I really racked up.

I'm also looking forward to Mistletoe Marketplace this year. Yes, that is about 2 days before I'm supposed to be giving birth, but if I'm not on bed rest or having any complications, I am there with bells on. They always have FANTASTIC girl clothes-- smocked dresses, cute jumpsuits, cute jewelry, and toys. They have cute boy things, too, but Chad will not allow me to dress our boys in most of the things they sell.

Anyway, moving on to my purchases this morning........


This dress was too adorable to pass up. It reminds me of dresses my mom dressed me in when I was an infant--- not that I remember, but from the pictures I have seen of myself. I got this one in 9 month size.


There are no words for this dress. Except WAY TOO CUTE!!!! I got this one in 12 months because I was thinking this would be AWESOME for a first birthday party. And if it's cooler weather, you can easily put long sleeves on under it.

Both of those dresses were at least 50% off.



Bought this one for myself, of course. It's turning out to be a hot summer and nothing like feeling like Shamu the whale AND being hot and sweaty. Might as well try to look cute being preggo. (Key word: TRY). And I loved this because the model is almost as white as I am. She made me feel better about showing my fair skin. This dress was originally $60. I got it for $24. SCORE!

And p.s. Don't forget to vote on the right-hand side of my blog page for a baby name. This is mainly for fun, but also to amuse myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy! I"m so excited for you!!!!! :))))