Drum roll, please.................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................................
Looks like we will be buying..............................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................................
PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There were a lot of people praying for a girl. I was beginning to feel like I was going to disappoint everyone (like I have any control over it) if it turned out to be another boy. I don't think when one person told me they were hoping and praying for a girl that they realized there were at least 100 other people telling me the same thing. It was starting to wrack my nerves because I didn't want to to disappoint.
But my grandfather had wanted us to have a girl and had been praying for us to have a girl before he died. Brennan also had been praying for a sister as well as Chad praying for a daddy's girl. And apparently every person I've come into contact with over the past 4 months has been praying. And prayer works. I was convinced I was carrying a third boy and had even told Chad I wasn't going to look at his face when she said, "Congrats, it's a BOY". I about died when she said it was a girl.
And since my mother-in-law works at the hospital where my doctor is also located, the minute she found out, she ran to the gift shop and bought the baby her first pink gifts. I guess I am no longer the princess anymore. And names......... We seem to disagree on names. My grandmother was Mary Louise Rice Clayton. I want a good, southern, double name. I really, REALLY like Mary Clayton. And for her to go by just that or be called Mary Clay. Chad likes the double name and he likes the Mary part. He just isn't sold on the Clayton part. His mind must be changed and WILL be changed. And hopefully she will be born on my grandfather's birthday. If she is, all 3 of my children will have special dates that they were born on: Brennan's birthday is an hour and 30 minutes after our wedding anniversary date and Ethan's is on 9/11.
So there it is. My good news for the week!










2 comments:
Congratulations! Nothing like a little girl! Buy all the pink frilly dresses you can! Have fun! And if my vote counts, I LOVE Mary Clayton!
Oh Mandy!!!! How exciting!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!
Post a Comment