Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunday and randoms......

On Sunday my son was caught picking his nose and "burping on people" during kid's church. As punishment, we took his iPod away for the day on Sunday. Something he has been a little too attached too anyway. However, it turned out to be a punishment for me as well. Good thing I can be just as stubborn as any 7 year old. What did parents do in the days before modern technology? Drink themselves silly? I probably would have.

I love couponing on Sunday afternoons. I got off track for a few months because life seemed to get so crazy. But now I come home from church, eat lunch, clean out my expired coupons, organize my new ones, and make my list and take my coupon trip while everyone at my house has their Sunday afternoon rests. Getting away by myself is great rest for me. Sunday at CVS, I bought 2 jumbo packs of newborn diapers (Huggies), 4 tubes of toothpaste (Colgate), and Toy Story Band-Aids for the kids for $20 out of pocket. In addition, I received $10 in CVS extra care bucks (which is like money to use on your next purchase on almost anything in the store). So, technically, I spent a total of $10 for diapers, toothpaste, and band-aids. I love couponing, and while I'm on the subject, for those of you who coupon, please don't hoard. Save some for those of us who would like to get a good deal on something we actually use. (This is why I can't watch the show "Extreme Couponing". It makes me ill. No one needs 100 boxes of macaroni and cheese stockpiled in their garage--- unless you are feeding the homeless.) Deals will eventually come back around. So please, don't take all 30 bottles of soap, shampoo, and deodorant just because you can get it for so cheap. And I know what you're thinking-- this is coming from someone who bought 4 tubes of toothpaste in one trip. If you know me at all, you know I brush my teeth at least 20 times a day. No need to fear my teeth rotting out. I just won't have any enamel left in 10 years. Plus, I left plenty of toothpaste for others. So quit being hoarders just because you are getting something for such a good deal!!!!

My dad joined the church on Sunday morning. It was an answer to prayer I had been secretly praying for a couple of years.

Our office is moving to a different location/city this week. Thursday is supposed to be THE day. I'm very excited, but my poor boss has been so stressed out about it. There are so many little things that keep piling up into big things. It's only inevitable for a move like this. It will be worth it in the end and after the dust settles, but I just hope things transition smoothly this week.

I have been going through the boy's clothes and taking them to consignment. I didn't realize how sad it would make me. I did keep a lot of things, but it's still hard looking through all those clothes and remembering how tiny they were and how it seems like only yesterday they were wearing them. Kids grow up too fast and time goes by too fast. I wish I could freeze time or bottle it somehow. Five more months before I have this baby girl, which seems like an eternity. But I know before I turn around she will be back talking and fighting with her brothers. I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy since this is probably the last. Turns out, my body is begging me to never conceive a child again. My mind would have to agree.

Chad and I are going to Natchez soon. It is just an overnight trip that we were supposed to take for our anniversary. Then my grandfather became sick and we never made the trip. Do you know how excited I am to get away for 24 hours? It's sad, I know. I would rather have my toes in the sand somewhere for a few days, but at this point I will take what I can get. No beach trips for us since we might have to have our air conditioning unit replaced. Life!!!! Why were we dumb enough as kids to want to be grown-ups? Did we really think our parents had it that easy??? God definitely has a sense of humor.

And Chad and I might end up in divorce court over naming this baby. Seriously. Some days I just want to smack him. He still refuses to like the name Mary Clayton. I still refuse to compromise. However, one name that HE suggested-- Mary Clair-- rolled around in my head for a day and I told him that might could be a possibility. So then he told me he didn't like that name!!!! He was the one who suggested it to begin with. Do you see why I want to smack him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary Caitlyn... or how about
Mary Lila?