Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Random thoughts and a Merry Christmas....

I went to the grocery store for the first time in weeks and weeks. A lot of items in the store had "New Lower Price" stickers. I don't think they really had "NEW LOWER PRICES". I think that is just a ploy to mess with your head. I used coupons and bought things only on sale and still spent $300. And I can't even tell you what I bought that added up to that much! RIDICULOUS!!!

When I went from having one child to two, the transition was EASY. Easier than I thought. Since I already had more than one child, I thought going from 2 to 3 would be a piece of cake! Boy, was I totally wrong. No one warns you of the dangers of going from 2 to 3 because no one would ever want more than 2. So, I'm here to warn you. When you take that pregnancy test for the 3rd child and it shows up positive, it should also have bells and whistles and flashing lights to warn you that you better spend the next 9 months in hibernation just to have the energy to deal with the massive chaos that is headed your way. I mean, I've been working on this one blog post for well over a week now.

I am totally about to become the laundry Nazi. I never seem to finish the massive piles of laundry before there's at least 3 more loads to wash. And fold. And put away. My boys are all about to be limited to 3 or 4 articles (of their own choosing) per week. And I'm trying to teach my pack rat 7 year old responsibility and make him put away his own laundry. It's easier to just do it myself. He crams things in every nook and cranny of his closet. He probably has a million clothes with tags still on them tucked away somewhere in his closet that I had forgotten he had. He's going to be the death of me.

Sometimes I feel like I have to be Super Mom or Super Wife. This is a huge weakness when it comes to my personality. I idolize June Cleaver. She was even married to a C.P.A. like me! OKAY, I know she is just a character on a television show from 50 years ago, but it would be my greatest achievement in life to raise such well-behaved (albeit mischievous) kids all the while having a hot dinner on the dining room table when my husband got home from work, a clean house, a big smile, and pearls and high heels still intact by the end of the day. (No, I don't even own any pearls!) I am nowhere CLOSE to being Mrs. Cleaver. I do good to even wash my hair a few times a week and even remember to breathe every once in a while. But I feel like it's my duty to have a clean house when my husband gets home from work every day. Just yesterday the only time I sat down was while I was in the car rider line picking up my son from school or when I was nursing our one month old. Yet when Chad got home there were dishes in the sink, 2 loads of laundry washing and drying, a load still on the couch that I had yet to put away and the kitchen looked like an atomic bomb went off. And my goal was to wrap a few presents AND have the house straightened by 5 o'clock. I can't even tell you what I got accomplished yesterday, yet I never sat down. Sigh. It's a great thing my husband doesn't expect me to be June Cleaver.......

I have learned the art of Internet shopping this Christmas season. And let me tell you--- it. is. AWESOME. I don't have to be around people, crowds, traffic. Just me and a cup of coffee in my most comfortable pajamas. And you can get some really great deals. I have a junk email address that all of these different companies send promotions to daily. If you take the time and look when you're in the market for a gift, you can get some things for a really great deal.

Okay guys. On a very serious note--- We are about to close out another year. And it seems that with each passing year losses get greater and greater. Just this week, a friend I've grown up with lost her father unexpectedly Monday night. And here it is close to Christmas. The time of year that most people love and cherish and make memories. But then there are families who have not only experienced great losses throughout the year of loved ones, but there are those who lose them so close to such a special time of the year. I was feeling really sad a few days ago thinking about my grandfather and how this will be our first Christmas without him. And yes, loss of ANYONE in your family that you love is hard, but the pain comes in different strengths and forms depending on the person you lost. For instance losing my grandfather was very hard, but I know it doesn't compare to the pain of losing a child. Nor does it probably compare to the pain of losing a parent. Everyone will lose someone they love eventually. I can tell you that having Jesus in your heart and knowing that the person you loved had Jesus living inside of them helps tremendously when it comes to dealing with grief. I'm being pretty elementary here...... Know Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, no peace. Regardless of any circumstances you may be facing. I keep trying to imagine what Christmas is like in Heaven. Or if everyday is Christmas in Heaven. I can't even wrap my brain around how beautiful it must be to worship the birth of our Lord and Savior at His feet. Physically wrapped in His glory and His splendor and His majesty. Even though we celebrate his death and resurrection at Easter every year, if the Son of Man had not even come to this earth, there would have been no one to be the mediator between us and God. There would have been no one to sacrifice his life for the sins of man for all eternity. Having a newborn this time of year brings close to my heart only a fraction of what Mary must have felt as she held sweet Baby Jesus. What was she thinking? Did she even comprehend the magnitude of what her tiny baby boy would endure during His short 33 years? And the simple fact that God chose a simple stable full of smelly animals and itchy hay to be the place to bring His Son into this world. He could have chosen any way to bring Jesus into this world. Yet, He humbled Himself and was born into this world as a human being who would walk this earth and be tempted just as any of us.

I don't know when I'll blog again, moments to sit and type like this are very few these days. Like I said, it's taken me over a week to finish this post. The date at the top is probably from last week.... But, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Hold your loved ones extra tight and cherish the moments you have. It sounds so cheesy and cliche, I know. But life changes in the blink of an eye. You don't know when your life will change. And all of us at some point will experience a life-changing situation in the blink of an eye. Have a great Christmas and a fantastic new year!

I actually have a lot more on my mind, but I'm expected at the doctor in a little while for my 6 week check-up, and I have two kids to get ready so they can tag along. Oh joy......

No comments: