Okay, I have really fallen off the wagon here. And it's hell trying to get back on. For about a year, (really since I found out I was pregnant) I have not felt well at all. There was not a day of my pregnancy that I felt good. And now with 3 kids to tend to I've lost myself along the way and I've also become overwhelmed with simple, everyday tasks. Our new year's resolution was to get back on a cash budget instead of swiping our debit cards for every thing. (It's easy to go overboard when you don't really SEE the cash you are spending--- a little here and there adds up to A LOT before you know it.) So with that said I REALLY need to get back to cooking every night and stocking up on groceries-- instead of flying by the seat of my pants. I think that has added to my being overwhelmed--- what to feed the masses every night. And I know Pinterest has some really great recipes, but I barely have time do ANYTHING these days, much less explore Pinterest. I think that would just overwhelm as well--- I'd want to make and cook everything I see.
So, I'm calling all moms. I really want to hear from some other busy, TIRED, moms (or dads!). Of course, regardless of what I cook, someone is always going to complain. But I want recipes. Lots of recipes. I know everyone is busy too, so if you can't take the time to type it out, please share a link to the recipe if it comes from the internet. I want tried and true recipes that you have fed your family. My kids get tired of the same, boring things, and I get tired of cooking the same, boring things. To add some inspiration to share your great recipes I will do a drawing on February 5th (via random.org). So, the more recipes you share, the better your chances. I will make it a $25 Visa giftcard. I really want help!!!!!! If you post recipes, please post them under the comment section of THIS post. Your post will not immediately appear, because it has to come through email first for me to approve. I have had stalkers post ugly things before. So please, please, please share some good, easy, family-friendly, kid-friendly recipes!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










18 comments:
Quick & easy - serve with green salad & you have a meal
Veg-All chicken Pot Pie
2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Cream of potato soup
1 16 oz can Veg-All drained
2 cups cooked diced chicken
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 9-inch pie crusts (I use the Pillsbury in the box)
Combine first 6 ingredients - spoon into prepared piecrust - cover with top crust - slit top crust (or cut out cute design) -
Bake 375 for 40 minutes - cool 10 mins
Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
1 # lean ground beef
1 pkg Taco Seasoning Mix
1 cup water
8 6-inch flour tortillas
16 oz jar Thick 'N chunky salsa
8 oz Salsa Con Queso
6 oz shredded Colby cheese
Brown ground beef and drain;Add Taco seasoning mix and water. Simmer until reduced. Place 3-4 tablespoons taco meat in each flour tortilla. Roll & place seam down in glass casserole.
Top with Salsa & Salsa Con Queso and the cheese. Microwave 6-8 minutes until cheese has completely melted.
Girl, I got so many I'm gonna email you!
I made this easy red beans and rice meal last night. Literally took me 10-15 mins with in between time to tend to the kids: boil rice according to directions, while rice is cooking, cut up hillshire farms rope beef sausage into bite size rounds and cook on stovetop. (I don't cook with oil hardly ever so I just put some water in a pan and simmered the meat. While those are cooking, I mixed up a batch of cornbread and put it in the oven. Now you wait for rice and meat to finish, then drain meat,dump on top of rice, pour in a can of chili beans and mix together. Don't forget about the cornbread in the oven. Voila!
http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotgroundbeef/r/bl113c5.htm
This is such an easy recipe. I usually make my own meat sauce (I just like mine better) but I have made it just like the recipe and my bunch ate it up!
This is a little more prep.
Provolone Chicken
Season chicken breasts with Mrs. Dash and top with Panko bread crumbs. Bake until cooked (about 30 mins)
Cover chicken with marinara sauce and top with sliced provolone cheese.
Bake until cheese is melted.
*Your choice of veggies on side.
Red Beans and Rice
5 cans of red beans, undrained.
1 envelope of onion soup mix
1 can rotel
1 chopped bell pepper (or not. It's fine without it.)
sliced up sausage
Tony's if it's not hot enough
Just dump it in the crock, and let 'em cook...oh, and make the rice. Mash up some of the bean about 30 minutes before and put back in. Thickens is up a bit.
Joey and I love this! JC loves it....Jordyn eats nothing...
Buffalo Chicken Sammies
1 bag frozen chicken breast/tenderloins
1 packet ranch dip mix
1 bottle buffalo sauce 12oz (whatever brand whatever heat)
Dump all in the crock pot and let it cook all day. 30 minutes before take chicken out and shred. To the sauce add couple of table spoons butter and stir. Add the chicken back and let simmer a little longer. Serve on a toasted hoagie roll with blue cheese dressing, or ranch, whatever floats you boat!
LOVE THIS STUFF!
Chicken enchilada casserole
For faster prep:
1 can of chunked chicken
1 jar of salsa
8 oz sour cream
1 can refried beans
tortilla
shredded cheese
Heat oven to 350.
Mash up chunked chicken and put in a skillet with the salsa and simmer for about 10 mins.
Spray bottom of casserole dish with non stick spray.
Layer the bottom with tortillas. (I use a round casserole dish but you can use a rectangular one too)
Cover the tortillas with refried beans, then a layer of sour cream, followed by a layer of chicken mix. Sprinkle some cheese. Add another layer of tortillas and repeat. I usually do about 3 layers. Top off with cheese.
Bake for 15-20 mins until cheese is nice and melted.
Creamy Chicken and Rice
1 back frozen chicken
1 packet ranch mix
1 stick butter
Let this cook in the crock pot. (Do you see a theme with me?) About 30 minutes before add an 8oz package of cream cheese (softened) and let melt. Mix well before serving over cooked rice. YUM!
Taco Soup
3 lbs ground beef
onions
taco season mix
ranch packet
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of black beans
2 cans corn
2 cans rotel
1 can diced tomotoes
Brown ground beef with chopped onion, add taco packages...add beans , corn , rotel and diced tomoato. Add ranch packets. Then cover with water for whoever soupy you want it. The longer it cooks the better it is. It is really really good the next day. I make this in the crock pot too. I love the crock pot!!
It makes a TON of soup, so you can half it. Just pick whatever beans you like best and use 2 cans of that.
Green Beans
2 cans cut green beans, drained
1 onion
4-5 slices bacon
3 tbsp. vinegar
3 tbsp. sugar
saute bacon. remove from pan. slice onion thin, and saute in bacon grease. add vinegar, sugar and 1 tablespoon liquid from green beans. add beans and heat. crumble bacon on top before serving.
I love this side because it is a little different than just plain old out of the can green beans.
Crescent Sausage Bake (we eat breakfast for dinner a lot!)
1 lb browned saugage
2 cans crescent rolls
1 oz cream cheese, softened
cheese
Brown sausage and drain. Stir in cream cheese with sausage until melted. Place on can crescent rolls on bottom of 9x13 dish. Put sausage mixture on top and cover with cheese. Place second can of rolls on top of cheese. Bake at 350 until rolls are golden brown.
Serve with eggs, fruit, or just by itself! So good!
Italian Beef Sammies
1 roast 3-4 llbs
1 jar sliced pepperochini peppers
1 packet italian dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Add roast to crock pot. :) Mix dressing mix, soup and 1/2 juice in the jar of peppers. Place 1/2 peppers on top of roast and add soup mix on top. Cook all day. Shred meat before serving on top of toasted hoagie buns.
Quick salad and you have a meal.
We also like this over rice or mashed potatoes.
http://keeperworthyrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/10/3-packet-pot-roast.html
This is really good roast recipe....in the crock pot! I love crock pot cooking because I put on in the morning and don't think about it unit supper time. Especially in the summer when I don't want to heat up the entire kitchen!
Crock Pot Soup
1 can of rotel
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed)
2 frozen chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
1 packet dry ranch dressing
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder.
Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, and enjoy!
Also good over rice because it is a little thick.
http://littlehomeontherange.blogspot.com/2008/10/moms-lasagna.html
This is a pretty easy and good lasagna recipe, and of course you can freeze it for later.
I did mine a little different--rather than the lasagna noodles, I used bowtie pasta and also added ground beef. Next time I cook it, I'll also add a little ground sausage to the beef.
Jennifer Williams gave me this recipe and its Rodney's favorite thing I cook!
Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 lb velveeta cheese
tater tots
-brown beef (you can sautee some onion with the meat)
-melt cheese and combine with soup
-pour cheese mixture over meat in casserole dish
-place tater tots on top
-cook 350 for 30 min or until tots are brown.
This makes a square casserole dish. Double it for a 13x9.
Also, I have an app for All Recipes.com on my phone. Every recipe from there that I have tried has been good. AND its on my phone so I can look it up while at the grocery store!! Fabulous
Post a Comment