Sunday, January 22, 2012
Sundays
How come Sundays are so rough for me? Is it Satan or is it just me?! I was determined not to be defeated this morning. But alas..... Here I sit nursing a baby and entertaining myself with Blogger app on my iPhone and I feel like I'm a day late and a dollar short. I overslept since my alarm was not set, when I thought it was. Ethan woke up with what seems to be yet ANOTHER sinus infection coming on. Mary Grace spit up all over her smocked dress and her socks don't match. There are 3 loads of laundry wadded up in laundry baskets taunting me and reminding me that I'm a failure. There are dust bunnies all over my wood floor laughing at me. And my dishwasher is full of dirty dishes. Again. My Sundays are not going quite like God wants them to. It's supposed to be the Sabbath-- a holy day. A day filled with worship and rest. Yet it seems to be the day my life becomes overwhelming before the week ahead. I made the bed and said a little prayer this morning. Doesn't that count for something?! Sigh. Big. Fat. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
Satan attacks me every Sunday. Tries to make me think I'm sick or the kids are. I've started praying out loud to bind Satan on Sunday mornings as I get ready. It is working! Praying for you. You are not a failure you are human but you do have Christ on your team!
Post a Comment