Friday, October 10, 2008
Mint
I found this GREAT website that I think everyone should try out. I can't remember where I heard about it from, but the website is www.mint.com. It's free and it helps you put your finances into perspective. It has charts and graphs and it lets you see exactly what your spending habits are and exactly where you should cut back. It even sends you text messages if you end up going over your designated budget for something. If you have any credit card debt, it shows you how much you end up paying in interest in the long run, which a lot of times is more than the amount that's been charged on the card. I told Chad about it and we haven't signed up yet, but that's one of our projects this weekend. He's going to sit down and sign us up. It will be really great for me because I have nothing to do with balancing our checkbook or paying our bills. This way I can see what we spend where and exactly what we need to be cutting back on. The little things add up fast. Chad brings his lunch to work most everyday, but I've had to tell him to quit going to Wendy's or wherever to buy a .99 cents drink everyday. That's some of the little things that add up fast. If he does that 5 days a week for 52 weeks of the year that adds up to over $300. So now I have been packing him a "Sam's Choice" diet coke in his lunch. ($1.67 for a whole case of 12!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment