Yesterday Chad and I met with our preacher before evening church. I had asked him for his input on the issue of returning to school. Our preacher is actually our interim preacher. He is an EXTREMELY successful C.P.A. with a very successful business. I thought he of all people would know what to tell me as far as what I should be feeling about going back to school. After all, he decided to go to seminary and get his degree when he already had it all in life. He is still an active C.P.A. and still runs his own firm and is still very successful. I just wondered what he heard from God that maybe I should be hearing too.
He told me there are two ways to know if a situation is right or not: Joy and peace: Does it bring joy to me and others and to God? And, am I at total peace with the situation? So far, I feel both about the decision, but I still feel very nervous about the idea of returning to school period. I have decided to take just one class this spring semester and "get my feet wet" and see how I feel after taking a class. I may even take an ACT prep class and start to get myself mentally prepared to take that over again. That will be my biggest bump in the road. I despise the thought of taking it over, but I'm paying for mistakes I made earlier in life. I just have to deal with it.
So far, I have not felt "wrong" about the decision. I have had a few people tell me that my boys should come first and I should rethink the decision to go back right now. But, I'm not in a huge rush to get through school, so I will not have a full load until later. I still love my job and plan on staying there as long as it is possible. I will still be at home with my boys during the day-- with the two days I work as an exception. Even when I do finish my prerequisites, there is still going to be a waiting list to get into nursing school. I can wait my turn. It's all about God's timing, not mine-- if this is even something I go through with. Only time will tell.....
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment