My life as I know it:
--Recording television shows on my DVR in hopes of one day watching the much anticipated season premiere from LAST season. Only to delete them after the DVR memory is full of shows from this time last year that I never got to watch.
--Convincing my son that Scooby-Doo is a ridiculous cartoon and there are no such things as monsters or ghosts and there are no spiders under his sheets. (Don't ask)
--Cleaning toilets on a daily basis only to have someone have a major "bathroom crisis" 5 minutes after the toilet has been scrubbed clean.
--Injuring either foot on a toy that's been in the same spot for 3 days after my beloved children have been told at least 600 times to pick it up.
--Having daydreams about using a big gun on Barney.
--I can go head to head with the most stubborn people in this world, because I AM a stubborn person myself, but I give in to my 2 year old faster than you can blink an eye.
--Taking 2 months to read one book when I used to could read a book in 24 hours or less.
--Being the garbage disposal after my kids have left the table. I don't even make a full plate of food for myself anymore.
--Counting down every second in the couple of hours leading up to nap time.
--Rounding up Mickey Mouse (or Mi-Maw according to Ethan), doggie, duck, "bankie", and "pabby" for bedtime. Sometimes this takes 30 minutes to round up the crew.
--Spending more on diapers and milk in a month than I do on groceries.
--Looking forward to going to work twice a week just to get a break. I don't even care about the paycheck as much as I do about getting some adult interaction. (Don't take that quite so literally, Dr. H.)
--Finding rocks in my washing machine, dryer, on the floor after the vacuum cleaner makes unnatural noises, and all over Brennan's room just because he thinks it's his right as a student at his school to take as many rocks as possible from the playground. He honestly is convinced they are there to take home.
--A relaxing night for me is lighting a candle. That's it. Just being able to light a candle.
--Taking a shower in 2 minutes or less... depending on if I think I can wash my hair in those 2 minutes or not.
--Scrubbing unknown sticky substances of countertops, mirrors, and floors at least 10 times a day.
--Using Facebook as my only resource for socialization, besides the days I go to work.
--Taking 2 B-12 vitamins in the morning just so I can pretend to make it for half the day.
--Always wearing wrinkled clothes. Period. I only wear the least wrinkled thing I can find. If I think about it in time, I may throw it in the dryer for 5 minutes before I literally run out the door.
So my life is a caterer (because I cater to the needs of everyone in this house), a chauffeur, a mediator (to stop the brotherly "love" that gets out of hand), a dishwasher, a maid, an accountant, a teacher, a preacher, and everything that comes in between. I'm not going to be worth a darn by the time I'm 40. I think the blood in boy's veins is nothing but pure sugar and adrenaline..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
Oh my gosh! We go through 4 gallons of milk a week! And, I don't think I own an ironing board. Really, I do, but I don't know where it is. Wrinkles are in ;)
Post a Comment