Monday, October 4, 2010

Things I am loving and other random thoughts....


#1. I had a bogo (buy one get one) coupon for Yankee Candles. I really wanted a great autumn scent. I love burning candles that are appropriate for the seasons. Oh my, I am in love. My mom and I split the coupon so we each basically got a large Yankee Candle for $9 in the same scent.

So, let me tell you my favorite thing on this evening of October 4, 2010: Putting the boys to bed, lighting my delicious candle (so delicious I could probably eat it), cracking the windows to let the cool air in, and breathing in the cool, crisp autumn night. Chad is gone for a few hours so it's just me, my candle, and my laptop.

It's so hard to believe that just last week we were suffering from 90+ temps. It is so incredibly pleasant outside. Now, if only we could get just a few drops of rain.....


#2. On the weekend of October 15 and 16th our church is having a dinner theater. It is just clean, fun, family entertainment. I have participated in 2007 and 2009 and this year. I have also participated in our Christmas productions. It is so much fun. I know it is the last weekend of the fair, but I would urge you to buy a ticket. They are $15 and include a steak or chicken dinner and it's just clean entertainment for an evening. Besides, I am in it. What more could you ask for?

#3. Brennan is so bad, but he is so sweet. He came home on yellow (again) today for talking. And talking again. He gets it honestly. I was never a talker in school, but Chad was and still is. That's the worst trouble Chad ever got in at school, was talking. Now he has a son who takes after him.

And as we were saying our prayers tonight, he said, "Dear God, I know you make good things happen. I thank you for making good things happen. I mean, all you have to do is say it, and your powers can make it happen."

Seriously? How sweet is that?

#4. I had a great day at work today. I have a great day at work everyday. I am reminded constantly how lucky I am to have a job that I love, coworkers I love, and a boss who is not only grounded in faith in God, but who sincerely loves his patients. Not only are employers like that hard to find, but jobs like that are hard to find. I love all aspects of my job. Even if it seems to be a crummy day occasionally. Even if I didn't get paid to do what I do, I would still do it.

#5. I have realized the blessings I have found in my friends. My true friends. Friends who love me, and who encourage me, even when my problems are minute compared to many others. I have a circle of friends that I consider family. I had lunch with one of them today and it just made my day to know I could count on her for anything.

#6. Chad and I prayed, talked, and even went to the altar at church yesterday morning. God is in control of our situation. I am going to accept whatever it is that He wants in my life..... just as long as He takes care of my chronic pain. We have let Him take the wheel.

#7. And don't forget if you have been a reader and have not signed up to follow my blog, do so. It gives you a chance to win a painting. And every comment made under my posts counts extra.

Hope you all have a great week. I love this time of year. As I've said before, next to Christmas, autumn is my favorite time of the year.

2 comments:

Lisbeth said...

I LOVE apple cider candles, too! I haven't smelled the Yankee Ones, but I have three of them from walmart in my house right now too!! LOVE this time of year.

Madeline said...

tonight's weather is PERFECT!! I almost wanna sleep out there!!!