Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dear Kirk Cameron........

So it seems that Kirk Cameron has ruffled quite a few feathers this week. I was eager to see his interview on the Today show Tuesday morning. In between getting kids and myself ready for some morning errands I found myself stunned as I watched him being interviewed. Then I started, very audibly, shouting at the television. It made my blood boil!

Here is the statement that Kirk Cameron is being bashed for: "homosexuality is unnatural, detrimental and ultimately destructive to foundations of civilization", which he said on Piers Morgan Tonight. Here's the problem I have: EVERYONE in the WORLD knows that Kirk is an evangelical Christian. He's starred in the movie "Fireproof", among other Christian-based films, and he and his wife have founded a Christian organization and camp for terminally ill children called Firefly. Kirk never uttered one word about HATING homosexuals. He said it was UNNATURAL. It is DETRIMENTAL. And it is DESTRUCTIVE. To which I unashamedly, wholeheartedly, 110% agree. I am so SICK of the mainstream media blasting over and over again people who try to live the way that God instructs us. In the interview they tried to put words in his mouth that he never even said. Or even tried to insinuate.


Here's another problem I have: Homosexuality, atheism, celebrities who have multi-million dollar weddings and divorce a month later, drug rehab stints, and Jersey Shore stupidity has become the mindset of America. American minds are filled with nothing but TRASH. The things we obsess about and follow on Twitter and read in the trashy entertainment news are beyond my understanding. But when a Hollywood celebrity vocally speaks out that he does not believe that homosexuality is natural, he becomes a hot topic. And not in a good way. As I heard Ann Curry ask him if he was implying that people should HATE gay people my jaw hit the floor. WHAT? Where in the world did she get that from??!! His response was classy and to the point and he didn't even break a sweat. I was screaming at the television in his defense. If only all of Hollywood had just a few of the values that Kirk Cameron has, and stuck by them when under pressure, then maybe America's mind would not be filled with so much junk all the time.

So, Dear Kirk Cameron,

Keep your head up, keep your heart pure, and keep talking the talk, but most importantly walking the walk!!!!!!

No comments: