Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random

I cannot afford my weakness for smocked dresses and cute little girl clothes. Nor can I control it.


I feel so cool to see how many "followers" I have on Pinterest. Even though I know it means nothing. And I never get on Pinterest. I only have room for so many addictions in my life right now.

It melts my heart to hear my 3 year old sing the "Blues Clues" song.

How does anyone walk in 5 inch heels? Is it like sushi or beer? You have to learn to appreciate it before you can learn to like it? (I have only learned to like one of the two: Sushi) I tried on a beautiful pair of 5 inch heels once and I am pretty sure there is a youtube video of me taking one step and landing on the floor.

People who talk excessively make me nervous. Yes, I am aware that this puts my husband and oldest son in this category.

I am on a Facebook fast and within a week I have truly come to terms with the fact that FB does not miss me, nor do I miss FB. It's mutual and it actually feels great. However, I have since discovered that 2 of my friends have announced pregnancies and I missed it! That did hurt my feelings a little.

I recently discovered that Elvis had a problem with body odor and towards the end of his life took medicine to help control it. He also did not shower very often AND he died on the toilet. Literally. As in, his pants were around his ankles. I think I knew this all along but it disturbs me. After Whitney Houston's death it makes me so sad how so many stars have been unable to deal with fame. But I'm not judging. I would probably be just that vulnerable. I'm just glad that both Elvis and Whitney unashamedly loved Jesus. But it still weirds me out that Elvis was known to smell bad. A hunka-burnin' love obviously smelled like a hunka-year-old cheese. Bleh.

And I am reading "Erasing Hell" by Francis Chan. Read it. It could save your life. Really. I have no time to read, so it has taken me almost a month to get through a short book, but I am also trying to retain it all. I highly recommend it.



No comments: