Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just another day....

Last night I made homemade lasagna for the first time EVER. It was an all day affair. I've always been too afraid to make it, because lasagna, in my opinion, is hard to perfect. But after all that time, it was worth the effort. Brennan said, "Mama, I can tell you worked on that all day. It was the best lasagna EVER". Made me feel like I've accomplished something significant as a mother.

We've been trying to get our picky little eaters to eat better. Brennan's a little too old to "eat like a T-Rex", but after we went and saw the massive lifelike dinosaurs at the Science Museum, we've been telling Ethan to eat like T-Rex. Sometimes he reminds me of the little brother on "A Christmas Story" when his mom tries to get him to oink and eat like a pig. But since he's started playing soccer, we've been telling him that all the veggies and things he may not otherwise like will make him a BIG, STRONG soccer player. So he's actually been eating like a T-Rex who wants to be a big, strong soccer player. Today at lunch I told him if he ate all of his lunch he could have some Oreos. He looked at me and said, "No, I'm not going to eat those. Those don't make me play soccer very good".

Then after I recovered from the shock he announced he wanted to put on his Lion King costume. (Last year's Halloween costume). As I cleaned up lunch, he climbed up the toybox in his closet like a monkey and retrieved his costume. So proud of himself he proceeds to put it on inside out and loses his tail in the process.

Once he was situated, he told me he was ready. I said, "Ready for what?" "Mama, he said, "it's time to go outside and get some treats". Then after a few minutes, I realized he was getting ready to go outside and go trick-or-treating. He thought wearing the costume entitled him to the right to go knocking on all of the neighbors doors for candy. The pictures posted are .1) Him explaining to me that it was time to go outside and 2.) his disappointment after I told him that it was NOT time for Halloween. Try explaining THAT to a desperate 3 year old.

If third grade homework and tests don't kill me first, I'm as ready as anyone for the fall! So tired of the hot summer!!!!

No comments: