Wednesday, August 8, 2012

School and birthdays!

School is back in full swing! Now that the first day is is over I'm relieved. It feels SO nice to get the kids to bed at a certain time, have an hour or two to myself before I hit the sack, and wake up to an alarm clock and getting out of the bed and doing something productive--- like making lunches and drinking coffee out of my Elvis cup. (And yes, drinking coffee is quite productive. Just ask anyone who drinks it!)

So to add to my productiveness, I am making a trip to to the grocery store, picking up a few ingredients to cook dinner, buying some soccer cleats for E-Man, and folding the three piles of laundry that have sat on our shelves for the past 3 weeks in the laundry room. Just call me June Cleaver. (I wish!) I know my life doesn't sound very exciting right now. But the fact that I'm up blogging and drinking coffee and making productive plans BEFORE 8 a.m. says a lot! Summer is over and so is my excuse to be a little bit lazy. Watch out, world. I finally got seven hours of uninterrupted sleep and I'm about to be on a roll!

And in case you were wondering. The pictures posted were my birthday presents. And yes, in case you were wondering, I asked for the purse. It's just enough on the edge of tackiness to suit my gaudy taste for all things Elvis. (The first step is admitting it, right?) My husband searched near and far on the world wide web until he found it. The matching wallet was just an added surprise. And the shirt? Um, yes. I will be wearing it with my cowboy boots this winter. I will be glad to pose for pictures with you if you see me out. (haha) And the Elvis card was a gift from a sweet friend and coworker who is always so thoughtful. And, my birthday was great. I went to listen to a local band with some friends--- and if you hear any rumors, yes, I stayed out way past my bedtime. Heck, I didn't even leave home until my normal bedtime. It was fun, but there's a reason I don't get out much anymore. Too much excitement for me...... I've reached my quota for at least the next ten years. Don't expect to see me out until my 41st birthday. But I guess we all have to live a little every once in awhile.

No comments: