So these are the days of our lives......
Monday: Work 7:45 to 5:15, rush home, change out of scrubs, holler and scream for everyone to load the van with all their supplies, nurse a screaming 9 month old in the backseat (yes, I said it. We live two miles from the ball field and traffic never gets above 15 miles an hour during rush hour. It takes us nearly 15 minutes to travel two measly miles). Sit out in the blazing sun, sweat, try and do homework with a distracted third grader, try to entertain a bored 9 month old. What's for supper? Hasn't even crossed my mind until 6:45 when soccer is over and bellies are empty and family is hot and grumpy. Make a stop at the local burger joint, feed the masses, finish more homework, throw everyone in the shower after threatening everyone within an inch of their lives because no one wants to obey. Brush teeth. Devotion and prayer time, more arguing and threatening. Tuck them all in to have a measly hour to one's self before falling into dreamland. Except dreamland includes a baby up every two hours because 4 teeth are coming in at once. Then said baby is up at five throwing a party in her bed, wanting everyone to join her.
Tuesday: I owe, I owe. It's off to work I go. Home after a busy day, frozen pizza in the oven, a few meltdowns over spelling words "that are just TOOOOO haaaaard" (in my best, whiny 8 year old voice). Meltdowns over bathing and meltdowns over brushing teeth. Devotion, prayer time, half of the family acts like it's playtime at the zoo. No, Satan. We're still sticking with our routine! Prayer time is what I owe to my children.
Wednesday. Today is Wednesday, garbage day. Enough said. Before 8:30 a.m. I was simultaneously texting three people. I was also already thinking about what to feed the masses for supper. Lasagna sounds like a good choice. Homemade, pain in the neck lasagna. Wal-Mart should start paying ME for all the business I give them. Too bad they don't offer 5% cash back on purchases made multiple times a week. What started off as a few ingredients turned into running into a fellow mom, complaining about third grade, and somewhere in between I spent $136. So much for just a few ingredients..... Home again, only to realize I left the door to the laundry room (door from garage into my house) WIDE open. I mean, the electricity to run the a.c. system is FREE, right?! Unload groceries in 100 degree heat, while my three year old is digging for his donuts he begged for. Before donuts he had to eat lunch. As did Mary Grace. Starting on the meat sauce for lasagna MG decides to destroy the kitchen. Pots, pans, spoons, spatulas, refrigerator magnets, everywhere. Ever step on a Lego? It hurts equally as bad if it's a magnet. Getting ready for car rider line, I casually pick up MG to change diaper. Lay her on my bed, on my made-up bed, on the comforter, (which I just washed not too long ago at a friend's house because I don't own a high capacity machine), and the poop of all poop goes everywhere. Including my comforter. What I thought was only pee turned into a blowout of epic proportions. Sigh.
I started this post in the car rider line. Since then I've nursed a baby, put her down for a nap, finished making my meat sauce for lasagna so it can simmer and now I get to referee two boys who love each other but love to fight with each other too.
My house looks like an entire Toys R Us exploded. Laundry is still in dire need of doing. But I'm too pooped to think about anything that involves manual labor.
I am overworked and underpaid. Yet, I know for whatever reason I cannot see right now, I will miss these days......... You can find me telling myself that as I bash my head repeatedly against the wall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
Oh Mandy, your life sounds just like mine...minus the nursing baby and poop incident. I've always said that the days are long and the years are short. I sure wish it was the other way around! Hang in there!
Post a Comment