Thursday, January 31, 2013

A doozy of a day.

Well, today has been quite another doozy. Yesterday, (if you read my last post) consisted of taking my two boys to the doctor. For illnesses. Today consisted of taking Mary Grace. With 104.3 temp. Very stressful. My mommy mode kicked in overtime. I cleaned up puke 4 times (once as we were walking out to go to the doctor's appointment). I cuddled, I stressed, I comforted, I loved. And I. Am. Spent.

Moving on.....

I have discovered my love for cooking. Considering 11 years ago, when I became a homeowner and married, I didn't even know how to boil an egg. Or make tea. Or even use salt and pepper properly. My Mama had spoiled me. Rotten.

Now I love to cook. And experiment. Food no longer intimidates me. My oven, however, does. Piece of junk. But hey, I'm thankful for an oven. Period.

I'm also thankful for my beautiful new stand mixer. Right before Christmas, Kohl's had an amazing sale. I have been drooling over those fancy KitchenAid stand mixers for YEARS. But, dang! They are pricey. Finally, I caught a sale hard to beat: $100 off original price ($449 original price at Kohl's). I had $10 in Kohl's cash. KitchenAid was offering a mail in rebate for $30. I had a 20% off coupon. And I'm a member of ebates. Which mailed me a check for $16 cash back. And I received $50 in Kohl's cash for my purchase. I love my mixer. Looooove.

And I love to cook. My goal is to be just like Miss Kay on Duck Dynasty. Whip up a good, southern meal at the drop of a hat. And love every minute of it!!!! After all, you just aren't a true southern belle unless you know how to please your man through his stomach! At least, that's my philosophy.

No comments: