Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Randoms


Yesterday when Chad picked Brennan up from piano lessons, his music teacher told Chad she has never been around a happier, smiling child. She said Brennan just loves to smile and laugh. He smiles at everything. Ummmm..... I'm pretty sure he does NOT get that from me..... That would be his father coming out in him. I'm a happy person, but I'm also brutally honest. Another trait that gets worse with time. Actually, I'm sure most would say I'm a pessimist. I just say I don't sugar coat things.

Ethan, however is definitely my child. Temper for days. Mary Grace too. I'm afraid I've left my mark in their personalities.

Yesterday we had some problems with some older kids on our street. They roam the neighborhood looking like thugs and looking for trouble. There's two of them. They came in our yard and tried to take another boy's bicycle that was over playing with Brennan. One of them pushed Brennan into our rosebush. He was scraped and bruised. It hurt his feelings more than the physical damage. He cried. Ethan said he wanted a stick to go hit them in their knees. Or a bat. And he would have if my mom hadn't gotten hold of them first. (I was at work). Big difference in my two boys. It's amazing how kids can come from the same parents and be so different.

Back to piano, I think Brennan has definitely found a niche. I was so worried after we invested in a new piano and lessons that Brennan would be tired of it by Christmas. But he has excelled. Not to brag by any means. But it makes me so proud. He didn't like sports and he wasn't assertive playing sports. However he loves music. His teacher says he is now being promoted to a hymn book. Instead of just his regular lesson books. Money well invested for us this year!

Ethan starts soccer again next week. That kid is not afraid of anyone or anything. He's already asking about baseball and football. Every time we pass the high school football field (which is everyday because we live behind it) he says very loudly and proudly, "I'm going to play football!"

Anyway, enough about us. I'm going to try and post a few recipes, or links to recipes that I've tried recently. We have only spent money on a dinner out once in the past few weeks and that's only be side we had a groupon that was about to expire. I'm really enjoying this cooking everyday thing. It's so nice to not have to stress about what to do for dinner at 6:00 every evening.

Definitely me, below! (I love ecards!) And I'm pretty sure my attitude gets worse with age.

No comments: