Thursday, March 20, 2008

My new addiction:

HGTV!!!! Where have I been? I can't turn away from that channel. I love it! Even though it's the same gist to all the shows: Redecorating on a budget, getting a house ready to sell, trying to find that first perfect place, etc. etc., I can't stop watching. I am totally addicted!!! I want to be on that channel. I have a room that needs some sprucing up. Actually all my rooms could probably use some professional advice....

Moving on. I can't seem to get well. I still have this lingering cold/sinus issue. I'm having to take Benadryl every single night just to breathe when I lie down. (I called the doctor to make sure I couldn't overdose the baby by taking it every night). I have no appetite. When I do have an appetite I manage to take 3 or 4 bites and then I start to feel sick. I sometimes have to force food down my throat. Under normal circumstances this whole no appetite problem would not be a problem at all. I would appreciate it. I don't know if it's my sinuses making me not want to eat or if it's just lingering morning sickness. And I STILL have no energy. None. Nada. Zero. I'm in my second trimester now, so I was hoping to feel a lot better at this point.

One more blogworthy subject: Pre-schoolers. My son. Sometimes I think I must have prayed for patience somewhere along the way, and Brennan is God's way of granting it. Although, if it is, it's NOT working. For example: Today I went to have my hair cut. Belinda is cutting my hair and Brennan is being his usual inquisitive self, wondering around and getting into things that interest him (things he shouldn't be into). Well, this lady who is there having her hair colored goes to sit down and read her book while her color sets. Brennan had been in that chair when we first walked in, but at this point it was unoccupied. He sees her sitting in "his" chair and proceeds to throw a hissy fit. Tears are coming out of his eyes and he's yelling, "That lady is in my chair!" over and over. I don't know how to react at this point. Do I snatch him bald in front of everyone? Do I take him to the bathroom and spank him? Or do I do what I feel like doing and cry from embarrassment? He has NEVER acted out like that to a total stranger and I didn't know what to do! It's one of those situations where if you took him in the bathroom and spanked him then people would think that I abuse my child and I'm going overboard. But if I don't get onto him then people think that my child needs to go into the bathroom and get a spanking. Long story short: I apologized profusely to this lady, who sort of laughed it off. He didn't get a sucker when we left, like he normally does, and I lit into him in the car. I called his daddy. Not that that helped. So when we went grocery shopping at Kroger he did NOT get to ride in the car buggy that he likes so much and then he got his brand new Legos taken away when we got home. He just got them last night. He HATED that! But, now I think taking away the new blocks are more of a punishment to me than him. Granted he has a million other blocks and toys, he wants those, so now he acts bored and he's driving me NUTS!!!! But, I think he's smart enough to know that if he drives me crazy enough, I'll give in and give them back. NOT TODAY!!!! I'll just have to suffer through it. And make sure he takes a looooong nap.

No comments: