Monday, October 6, 2008

Fireproof

So, yesterday Chad and I went to see the best movie ever. It's called "Fireproof". It stars Kirk Cameron and it's made by the same people who did "Facing the Giants" and "Flywheel". A Baptist church out of Albany, Georgia did this movie.

One word to describe this movie: Incredible. There's nothing fancy about it, while there are a few action, hold-your-breath scenes, there's not anything "Hollywood" about it. It's real. And that's what makes it so incredible. The only "real" actor in it is Kirk Cameron. All the others were cast out of the church who made it.

"Fireproof" is about marriage. And what it takes to save a marriage. And what it takes to keep a marriage going. Whether you have the seemingly perfect marriage, or your marriage is on the rocks--even if you ever plan on just being married, this movie is something you have to see. I cried through the whole movie. And I never cry during movies. The movie was so real to Chad and me both. There are issues in this movie that we can relate to. We've "been there, done that" and have the t-shirt to prove it. I knew that it would be a powerful movie because I have heard people talking about it and they showed a clip in church yesterday. So on the way to the theater yesterday I prayed. I prayed that the message in the movie would speak to me and speak to Chad and that we would walk away from it with exactly what God would want us to. When we got in the car to leave we started talking about what an incredible movie it was, and I started crying like a baby all over again. Chad even wants to buy it when it comes out on DVD and he even said it would be something he'd like to have in case he ever comes across someone having issues in their marriage in order to let them have the copy to watch.

Although this movie was made by a Baptist church and it's primarily Baptists who are promoting it, it doesn't matter what religion you are or even if you are or are not that religious. It has the potential to change your ways of thinking and your life.

One line in the movie they always kept referring back to: "Never leave your partner in a fire."

2 comments:

Kayra said...

I want to see that movie. I didn't even know it was made by a Baptist church, our Catholic newspaper had a big ad for it and they reviewed it too.

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Jana and I saw the movie last Tuesday and have recommended it to countless people. I was impressed with the quality of the acting, the script, and the cinematography, especially for a non-Hollywood production!

I give it a "Thumbs Up" and 5 stars *****

Clark